Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WillyG

RBK 9K skates

Thanks Chadd,

Now I know how to work the "search" function. The reason I'm looking at the 9k is because my two-week old Graf G3s are 1/2 a size too big on the left foot.

I just got off the phone with my LHS and the said to bring the skates in and they will re-bake them them and use a vise on the heel. I've never heard of this fix, but I'm going to take them up on it, because I can't stand the feel on the ice.

The 9ks are going to fit very differently from a G3. Much wider in the heel and forefoot for the 9k.

Yeah, I've heard that a lot. People say that if you've always found a good fit in a Bauer (The Grafs are my first departure from Bauer), you'll likely find a CCM/RBK very different. That's a shame, huh?

ive got a pair of 9ks and i dont mind them, the heel isnt as thin as my g3's are but thats where the pump I find comes into play, I find the pump helps hold my heel in tighter which is always good, now im a jr size but in the sr sizes you have the c width so if i was to wear a sr id be in a c width or very possibly if i got them custom a B heel which is alot narrower. I find the boots more structually sound compared to the 8k's, both good in my opinion just wish rbk/ccm offered a c heel in jr's

ive got a pair of 9ks and i dont mind them, the heel isnt as thin as my g3's are but thats where the pump I find comes into play, I find the pump helps hold my heel in tighter which is always good, now im a jr size but in the sr sizes you have the c width so if i was to wear a sr id be in a c width or very possibly if i got them custom a B heel which is alot narrower. I find the boots more structually sound compared to the 8k's, both good in my opinion just wish rbk/ccm offered a c heel in jr's

Regular heel width is A. B heel width is wider.

whatever, was pretty certain D was the standard heel

whatever, was pretty certain D was the standard heel

D is standard forfoot. D/A is is standard forefoot/heel. Considering you pass yourself off as an expert, I thought you would know something that basic.

i dont think ive ever seen the heel width mentioned... why isnt it as big or mentioned as much as the forefoot width...seems just as important...

Generally you get a wider heel with a wider forefoot. D width forefoot is generally an A heel, E or EE width forefoot is often a B width heel.

I second that!

It goes like this ee/a e/a d/a (regular) c/a b/a b/aa and then a/aa. That is supper narrow. /aa is

for the heel cup. The wider heal would be a "/b"

alright so i made a mistake, you dont have to make me feel like crap about it. we all make mistakes. I remember ccm stating on there skates the 2 widths just now i thought they just changed it to a straight widths.my mistake alright,we all make them I am human

Sogaduch,

How are the 9K JR holding up?

I'm currently looking for new skates but havn't seen any of the new product at my LHS yet. They only have seniors sizes. I'm usually on the bubble when it comes to sizing.......JR 5.5 or SR 6 size. I'm not a big person 5'7" 150 lbs. What I've seen so far is most of the high end JR skates (CMM/RBK) are being made in China, while SR high end skates are still being made in Canada. Any thoughts on this? The JR skates seems to be a bit different from the Sr skates....cosmetics and construction(RBK 8K, CCM Pro Tacks and Vector Pros) I'm currently in CCM 1052 JR (Made in Canada) and they are holding up very well. From the recent posts on MSH I'm very interested in the following skates, RBK 9K, CMM Vector 10, Bauer One90 and even KOR. Thanks to all the experts out there for their input.

the 9ks are holding up very well actually, worn them about a good 15 times and there feeling better after every skate. the pump feature holds up very well meaning it doesnt lose its hold after skating in it for along time and it also stays dry it doesnt retain alot of moisture even though the Jr version doesnt have the holes on the bottom it still stays dry and drys very fast also. the blades hold the edge fairly long like i can get 3-4 skates on them using a 15/16th hollow where on my grafs i get them sharpened after every 2 skates on the same hollow. so id highly reccomend the 9k skates

ive worn the 9ks they fit exactly like the vector pros i felt which is the same as the 8ks. to be honest i didn't like them. good thing they were free. back with my 30's now.

I have a pair I have used about 10 times now and am going to sell them. Switched to a Kor Shift 1 and love them. The RBK/CCM skate just isn't cut right for my foot. Also, I replaced the CCM holder with the Bauer Tuuk Lightspeed 2. Big difference. Had a former NHL equipment manager do the switch for me. He had noticed, as I did, that most of the guys wearing these in the NHL had switched the holder as well.

I have a pair I have used about 10 times now and am going to sell them. Switched to a Kor Shift 1 and love them. The RBK/CCM skate just isn't cut right for my foot. Also, I replaced the CCM holder with the Bauer Tuuk Lightspeed 2. Big difference. Had a former NHL equipment manager do the switch for me. He had noticed, as I did, that most of the guys wearing these in the NHL had switched the holder as well.

I guess they change the holder because they don't want to get used to a new holder from a feeling they have been skating since they are kid.

i didnt mind the rbk/ccm e-holder like ill using anything on my skate, tuuks,cobra,t-blade,e-blade, razor bladz. ill skate on anything

Even bones? :blink:

i didnt mind the rbk/ccm e-holder like ill using anything on my skate, tuuks,cobra,t-blade,e-blade, razor bladz. ill skate on anything

Even bones? :rolleyes:

thatd be fun using bones to skate on.

the 9ks are holding up very well actually, worn them about a good 15 times and there feeling better after every skate. the pump feature holds up very well meaning it doesnt lose its hold after skating in it for along time and it also stays dry it doesnt retain alot of moisture even though the Jr version doesnt have the holes on the bottom it still stays dry and drys very fast also. the blades hold the edge fairly long like i can get 3-4 skates on them using a 15/16th hollow where on my grafs i get them sharpened after every 2 skates on the same hollow. so id highly reccomend the 9k skates QUOTE]

Sodadugh,

Now that you've had the 9k's for a while...how are they holding up for you. Thanks.