Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LegoDoom

Goodbye Vet

Veterans stadium was imploded a little after 7am this morning. While I have many good memories in the place, I'm not going to deny that it was one of the worst stadiums in the country. And while I will miss it, I can't wait until my first game at Citizen's Bank Park. Too bad they raised my season tickets $10 a pop, but it'll be worth it when Thome starts launching them into the 3rd deck there.

Yeah, It was upsetting to see it go. People are going to start lining up to get a rock or something, I know they were getting rid of the chairs and everything a few weeks ago.

Just woke up, cant wait to watch it. I think everyones got their favorite Vet memories, mine was the 1 hitter that some pittsburgh pirate pitcher threw about 10 or so years ago. It was a no hitter till there was 2 out in the 9th and then someone blooped one over the infield. The philly fans were actually on their feet rooting for the pirate pitcher.

I just watched the replay on www.kyw.com. The demo guys did one hell of a job. Everything fell perfectly the whole way around. I have to drive by it tonight on my way to ref, should be really weird to see nothing there. I liked how the dust covered the Citizens Bank Park but now the crews have even more work to do to get that place ready for opening day.

Just woke up, cant wait to watch it. I think everyones got their favorite Vet memories, mine was the 1 hitter that some pittsburgh pirate pitcher threw about 10 or so years ago. It was a no hitter till there was 2 out in the 9th and then someone blooped one over the infield. The philly fans were actually on their feet rooting for the pirate pitcher.

The pitcher was Doug Drabek, I forget who got the hit off of him but I do remember watching the game.

Ryan

Guest phillyfan

I've been to as many Phillies games there as Flyers games believe it or not. My most memorable moment at the Vet probably was the Phillies vs. Yankees. Schilling struck out 17 Yankees I believe. Also was one of my first Phillies games which makes it all the better. It's sad, Herbie never got to see the final version of Miracle, Tugger never said said his last goodbye to the Vet. :(

The pitcher was Doug Drabek, I forget who got the hit off of him but I do remember watching the game.

Ryan

yeah thats right, Drabek. I dont remember who got the hit either but I remember it being a nobody.

Guest phillyfan
As a philly boy, my fav moment was snowballs at santa :)

Oh hell yea! Not sure how I forgot that! I was with my brother-in-law and poured beer into the snowballs, so it looked like they were pee-filled. Almsot got booted, twice.

Anyone else drive by yet? I had to ref last night down in Aston so I passed the sports complex on my way from center city. Looked very weird to not have the vet there anymore.

Guest phillyfan

CSN had the before and after views from different locations, looked strangly unfamiliar and erie to boot.