Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ambro

Vapor XXX Lite SE

Anyone else watching this game right now? It's the UW Badgers against Ohio State Buckeyes at Lambeau Field. It's great.

Anyways, at the start of the game I saw a Bauer stick I've never seen before that looks like a wood stick color wise but I thought it was an OPS. I haven't paid much attention to Bauer's new wood sticks for this year so I figured it was just a wood stick I haven't seen. But they just interviewed a Bauer rep that was at the game and he was holding it and saying how it is the Vapor XXX Lite Special Edition made just for this game to look more like a "classic" wood stick to go with the old school nature of the game. He also said there were only 15 of them made. Anyone else see this? Pretty interesting stick. I'll look for some pics.

i Tivo'd the game, so ill have to look for it

off topic, and sorry if this is posted any where else.. but UWs jerseys were SICKKK. are those brand new for today?

They used them for a few games last season too. I almost bought a replica while I was in Madison last year for a tourney but passed. I'm sure they'll be available again later this year.

They obviously aren't their regular jerseys though. I would say they're like 3rd jerseys for them. And you're right, they're fricken sweet.

For those who haven't seen the jersey:

060126hockey_jersey_a.jpg

I haven't found any pics of the Vapor XXX Lite SE yet.

They had replicas of them in Bucky's Locker Room at the Kohl Center and at a Badger's shop (might have been another Bucky's Locker Room, I can't remember) in a Madison Mall. They were about $100 IIRC.

Also, I emailed Bucky's Locker Room last year about the jerseys and they said that they were available in-shop only, not online, but they gave me a phone number to call that I could have ordered one at. So I would just email or call the number you find on www.buckyslockerroom.com to see if/when they'll be getting the replicas of the jersey, because I'm sure they'll be getting them eventually.

Yeah, I was at the game too - It was a freakin' blast.

I live in Madison, so if anybody is interested in the jerseys, send me a PM and I can go try to find one for you. The University Bookstore might have some.

-stefan

I found a picture of the stick... It's not the greatest but you can kinda see the color and stuff

Go to editorial.gettyimages.com and search for this image number:

The guy with the stick is the Ohio State guy on the left side of the picture.

Almost looks like a goldish Synergy color like the first batch of Synergy Grips.

I think there a bit of wood in the XXX lite, I'm not sure if it's wood or what, but my brother broke his in the middle of the shaft and it looks like there was a slice of wood.

The XXX used by the Badgers in that game were custom for that weekend. The game was supposed to be reminiscent of old school pond hockey and the "wood" sticks were designed to add to the feel.

I think there a bit of wood in the XXX lite, I'm not sure if it's wood or what, but my brother broke his in the middle of the shaft and it looks like there was a slice of wood.

ya i noticed that too when i broke all 3 of mine