Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

analog999

Need good hockey equipment store in Vancouver BC

I just got some Synergy 500 pants from TotalHockey.net. Although TotalHockey's service was awesome, I just don't like the pants -- they are way too bulky for my liking.

I'm headed to the Vancouver/Stars game on March 11 and I want to pick up some pants while I'm up there. Anyone have any idea which stores are good in the area that aren't too far out?

I want to have a big selection because I'm looking for some that aren't bulky but still offer some protection. I saw some Bauer 2000's that looked good but weren't my size at a store I went to yesterday.

I did go back to Vancouver a couple of weeks ago and did scour the place. Moslty in Richmond though.

Check out:

Replay sports...consignment store... they had some new Nike pants and had some used Mission M1's OPS- some were cut but most were lefties ...they were from the Vancouver Giants team...for 60 dollars. Also some purple Bauer 5000 for 50-55 dollars if you are interested.

No. 3 road, Richmond. Near Lansdowne Mall.Telephone 604-279-8776 www.replaysports.ca

Icelevel sports in Iron Wood plaza on Number 5 road and steveston Highway in Richmond.

But do check out Cyclone Taylor. They have another small store in the Richmond ICE center on Number 6 road and steveston.

Some Sport franchise stores... Sportmart on Number 3 road and alderbridge near lansdowne mall.

Sportchek in Richmond center Mall also on Number 3 road.

If you see these two names then they should have hockey in them elsewhere in Vancouver. Sportmart and Sportchek.

And for the oldest and good consigment store if you are lucky is "Cheapskates" on west 16th. They take off 10 percent every 7 days until it is free. When I went they didn't have much because you never know.

Also Sportsexchange on Burrad and 5th a consignment store which is probably the close to GM place.

I think there is a sportchek or sportmart somewhere downtown. Check the telephone pages.

Also there is a hockey store outlet on broadway street.

That is an awesome resource of info. Thank you. I definitely will check out Cyclone, it is right on the way. I'll map out these others and figure out the closest ones... thanks again.

My two cents for equipment shopping in Vancouver:

PROTECTIVE

The Sports Exchange

http://www.the-sports-exchange.com/

2151 Burrard Street (at the corner of West 5th Avenue)

Vancouver, BC

V6J 3H7

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=21...026099,0.085831

What you see on their website is what they have in the store. From the heart of Vancouver's downtown core, it's an easy 10-15 minute bus ride, or a 5-10 minute taxi ride.

This is not a consignment store. The equipment they have is new, but it's usually of previous years models, hence the good pricing.

SKATES

Cyclone Taylor

http://www.cyclonetaylor.com/

6575 Oak Street (at the corner of West 49th Avenue)

Vancouver, BC

V6P 5M9

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=65...026121,0.085831

Unlike The Sports Exchange, the products on Cyclone Taylor's website doesn't accurately reflect what they have in store. But Cyclone's in-store skate selection is excellent.

From the heart of Vancouver's downtown core, Cyclone Taylor would be a 20-30 minute bus ride because I think you'd have to transfer buses. If you took a taxi it would likely be a 15-20 minute ride because the store is about half way between downtown and the airport.

Both shops sell everything so if you were going to choose one, I'd go with Cyclone Taylor due to the skate selection. Unfortunately, The Sports Exchange is not great in the skate department. (I know you're not shopping for skates but it's always nice to look!)

As for some of the other suggestions, they're out in the suburbs so unless you have transportation it could be tough slogging.

Finally, dowtown there is only one store and that's Sport Check located in the Pacific Centre Mall. It's a jack-of-all trades sport store. The hockey section is okay, but the staff are not very knowledgeable and I find it expensive.

Good luck!

Don't bother with the Sportcheck/Sportmart stores. They generally only stock low-end stuff and the markup is ridiculous. I highly recommend Cylone Taylors and if you're willing to drive, The Hockey Shop in Surrey. THS is huge and will have pretty much everything. Cyclone's is closer and I find that their pricing is generally lower than THS. THS has a lot of younger guys working there so I can't vouch for their knowledge/service but the older guys (ask for John if you have to) at Cyclone know their stuff.

I did go back to Vancouver a couple of weeks ago and did scour the place. Moslty in Richmond though.

Check out:

Replay sports...consignment store... they had some new Nike pants and had some used Mission M1's OPS- some were cut but most were lefties ...they were from the Vancouver Giants team...for 60 dollars. Also some purple Bauer 5000 for 50-55 dollars if you are interested.

My school wanted to buyout those purple helmets but apparently some guys came in and bought half and we needed the whole lot lol.

on a side note... really far to the side...did anyone notice that in the graf skates section on cylclone taylors site, the normally highlighter yellow "G" was silver?... it looks pretty snazzy on those G series i must say.. possible customization..

If you are looking for skates, Cyclone Taylor is your stop. Considering they have almost one wall of skates alone works for me. Just don't get in a wreck looking for the place. Parking kinda sucks if you are an outta towner.

Also, I thought Ice Level in Richmond was good as well. Thier service, at least when I was there was excellent. I have even emailed them a few times about some questions and shipping.

Also, Canadian Tire on Number 3 road too. They have some good accessories like chin cup holders. Their cages are priced decent.

Costco on Bridgeport in Richmond has Sherwood 9930's in Leclair and Crosby patterns. Sherwood OPS called Focus with 95 flex in Crosby and coffey patterns and in JR models and lefty sherwood blades in Crosby pattern I think. Also they have a wheel hockey bag "Team Canada" for about 49.95. Good Deal.