Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jimmy

net off moorings

Ok, anyone have the official USA hockey rule on this scenario. Player is knocked into goalie, net is dislogged by several feet off it's mooring. Another opposing player puts rebound into net. It it a goal?

If the defending team intentionally knocks an attacking player into the goalie and either one knocks the net off, a goal can be allowed if it would have gone in had the net been in the proper position. It has to be a pretty quick collision and goal but it can be called that way.

Rule 609-c

Refs in my league will usually call it in favor of the defence, they will try and stay away from big calls like that.

I saw a goal called that way only once, on tv in an nhl game. But the net had clearly been deliberately dislodged by the Dman when the team was in trouble.

I think the call would happen more often than that, except that the refs are "whistle happy". It takes composure and patience by all 3 refs to not blow the whistle for a few seconds after the net is pushed off for the goal to happen. Almost always one of the refs screws up and blows the whistle immediately, and then has to just hand out a penalty instead of a goal.

There are plenty of supposed "top" goalies that routinely dislodge the net "accidently" while making a first save in a tight game. It is so obvious sometimes that I feel like buying the refs glasses for the next game! You almost NEVER see the delay of game penalty called on the goalie, although some should have 3 or 4 penalties a game as far as I can see.

There are plenty of supposed "top" goalies that routinely dislodge the net "accidently" while making a first save in a tight game. It is so obvious sometimes that I feel like buying the refs glasses for the next game! You almost NEVER see the delay of game penalty called on the goalie, although some should have 3 or 4 penalties a game as far as I can see.

Some time's you just can't help it, especially when the holes in the ice get worn. the net won't stay in play. I had one game where almost every break the other team had, i would just follow the play, if I butterflied while moving in that direction, my momentum would knock the net off. It wasn't Intentional but convenient

Ok, anyone have the official USA hockey rule on this scenario. Player is knocked into goalie, net is dislogged by several feet off it's mooring. Another opposing player puts rebound into net. It it a goal?

The call is only made if a defending player or the goalie knocks the net itself off. If the defending player knocks an offensive player into the net or goalie and the net comes off then the play is ruled dead when the net comes off.

It's so annoying when the goalie just fades into one of the posts. It can ruin good work down low or take away a good rebound oppertunity. oh well.