Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LetsGoWings13

Parents wont let me get new skates

Ok my roller hockey skates are completly shot. The bearings make a grinding noise, they have absolutly no stiffness left, and two of the eyelits are pulling out yet my parents are convinced that i do not need new ones. Neither one of my parents have ever played hockey and dont know what its like. Im really starting to notice a difference in my skating. Any ideas on what I could say to them to convince them.

I have 100 dollars of my own money and I do a good amount of house work. I have showed my dad the skates and my mom and i told them how it was really affecting my skating. My dad even noticed that one of my friends who i am normally faster than being about the same speed as me. He claims i was skating slower to try and get new skates lol. Its frustrating me because i take hockey pretty seriously and when i cant preform my best it gets me really mad because i know i could be doing alot better.

yeah i was planning on shovling driveways but right now in michigan it isnt snowing lol i can actually see the grass. Weather has been a bit crazy latley. I know there are some skates in my pricerange but if possible i really dont wanna go to low end because right now im skating in mid range skates and id rather stay in that range.

You could always try to convince your parents by bringing your old skates into the shop that you plan on buying the new ones at and asking if they think you need new ones or not.

hey, at least your moms on your side. 100 will do some distance

look up ebay, I gaurentee you you can buy some Bluemaxs or beemers for under 100

you have my guarentee

they have tons of sizes too. I dont know who sells them, but one store has a ton of them and usually the bluemaxes go for bout 75 and the beemers go for about 90-100.

Now weather you like the hi low technology or beemers is a questoin, but they are a high end skate and Im pretty sure that you can transfer an old chasis and keep the new wheels on there. --Good luck--

o ya, Im 15 too, and not 16 till august so I want a job over the summer, you should work for the school district. Clean lockers, move books. Really easy stuff, at most it can help your muscles....its air conditioned and here I go to a public school and this job pays 8 an hour. For our age thats great.

Yeah 8 dollars an hour is very good. I heard the govenor in michigan is trying to move the min. wage to $7.00. Im not really sure what would fit my foot best tour or mission. Right now im skating in 8090's. If tours would fit my foot id deffinitally buy some beemers on ebay.

lmao yeah i dont think that would go down well. I could picture myself laying on the ground screaming and throwing a fit inside of a hockey shop because i want skates haha.

lmao yeah i dont think that would go down well. I could picture myself laying on the ground screaming and throwing a fit inside of a hockey shop because i want skates haha.

i work in a toys r us, you'd be surprised how many times that works. :lol:

I got a pair of Nike Quest 1's from HockeyMonkey.com a few weeks ago for $95 shipped. Call them and ask if they have any that aren't listed on their site - these weren't.

You could also tell them you only have $100 and see if they'll sell a pair to you at a discount.

What size are you anyways? Ive got a pair of Tour 902's in a size 7 - 7.5 that I never even wore, just tried them off for five minutes and took them off. sell them for $50 if theyd fit.

Hunger strike, the money they save not feeding you can go to your skates. :P No i'm just thinking about maybe stay with them for the rest of the season, when the new stuff comes out un the spring prices will go down on old stuff so you can benifit on that. Maybe get a little part time job that won't disturb your studies and do extra shores around the house.