Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EricG.

Hull 1100 shafts

I think if you are going to pull off the quick moves then your forearms are going to have to be pretty strong to compensate for the extra flex, especially if you have to one-hand the puck on dekes. Between an Int. Response, 8-5 Flyweight, and 85 Synthesis, I found the Synthesis to be the most effortless because I don't have strong forearms. I can still stickhandle with the softer flexes, but just not as quickly.

I also much prefer whippier sticks. I recently purchased a Jackman Xn10 for $130 CDN at the ACC and I'm have touble with it. It is a stiff flex and I'm not any more then 120 pounds. I would have bought a whippier stick but I didn't think I could really go wrong for $130. Most of my previous sticks have been between 75 and 90 on the Easton flex rating system and I've found that they are alot more forgiving. I find that the more flex, the less effort I have to put it to keeping the puck from jumping on my stick when receiving passes. Does anyone else feel this way?

That Jackman should be way too stiff for you, they're a bit stiffer than I like and I've got you by a hundred pounds. I like to feel a stick start to bow when I take a slapper. The more it bends without twisting the more I like it, to a certain point.

The stiffest I've used was a 100 flex and it wasn't too bad. I was able to get used to it in a few times on ice. Is there anyways of making it more whippy? If possible it would make a great stick for me instead if a back up.

i used to use 100-05 flex then got 300 inno by accident and havent used anything more stiff since. i use less energy to get off harder and more shots, not everyone will be able to adjust though, took me about 10-12 games ,but i love it now. it is all about preference. about the hull shafts, does the flex really translate to the durablity of the stick? i would tend to think not

I'm tempted to get one of those Hulls and see what its breaking point is. Problem is that they've probably been found out by the twats flexing them around the store.

I thinking a guy your size leans into one and the thing comes flying out of your hands doing about 100 mph and hits the score board.

But thats me.

I was at hockey and skate outlet over the weekend picking up one of the Kovalev commander shafts. The hull shaft was stamped as 420 flex. The shaft was pretty square, not much of a radius on the corner.