Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hidious

Synergy skates: 500 to 1300.

Ok, here's the deal: i've been playing with the canadian tire synergy ultra skates this winter, kinda like the 500 i think (had a small budget) and from the fisrt time i put those on, they were just perfect for my feet. I have enjoyed those a lot but i now wish to buy a higher end synergy skate like the 1100 and the 1300 because their prices came down lately.

My question is: Are all synergy skates similar in terms of fitting from the 300 to the 1300 or could the 1300 not fit my feet at all? And do all synergy skates have a really stiff boot? I dunno what is considered stiff as i only have one pair of skates <_< but i heard 1300 had a really hard boot.

I can do that without putting any force in my hand, does that mean the boot is not that hard?

syn.jpg

And what about the Synergy 1100, are they good skates? I like the look of them...

Thanks.

That is horrible! No support whatsover. Some people like the flexiness, but that much is just asking for problems IMHO.

1500s-I don't know about fit, but I got a chance to pick up a pair at Darkstar's shop and I was really impressed. Nice and stiff in all the right places, and very light. I was actually thinking about getting a pair from him.

But I have heard of terrible issues with the skate cutting into people's legs and causing painful issues.

If they fit like my old Come SEs, then I will be happy. Those were one of the best fitting skates right outta the box for me.

No support whatsover? Support what, my ankle? I don't need support, i just love these skates, they feel perfect, my skating has improved a lot coming from CCM tacks 852.

if your used to the no support of the ankles with your old skates, you may not like the 1300's, im skating in the 1300 right now and they are rocks. im not sure if you know but they are a one piece composite skate and man are tehy STIFF. i love a stiff skate so they work good for me (minus the bleeding ankles the first few skates) but if you tihnk you can handle the change, id say go for the 1300's you can find them at a closeout price. the stiffness gives me alot of response with my stride and i feel more powerful on them

well heres the deal, im using synergy 1300c skates right now, amazing i love them i snapped the holder on one skate and i used a pair of vector ZG 130 with LS2 holders on them, and the switch was horrible i couldnt skate at all, the Vector is a fairly stiff skate to start off with, and i couldnt skate i found it too mushy(personal preference). And when i got my 1300's back i was able to skate again, but i dont know if your gonna be able to make the swap thow, i didnt get any blisters, cuts or bruises, sometimes the random pinched nerve on the side of the ankle but that was it, so i dont know id say it depends on ur skating style too, so it all depends do it what feels right for your feet cuz trust me you dont want to skate in skates the kill ur feet, try one of each and go nuts, the place where i bought them let me try them out before i bought them they were amazing, and for the 1100, there nice skates, its top of the line non-comp boot there nice but i thought they got really soft after a year and so months so have a good time shopping

Thanks top... My main concern still is the soft/hard boot transition. As you see on the pic, i'm used to those and i skate pretty well with them. I'm wondering if the 1300's hard boot will ruin my skating or actually improve it... I'll need to find a friend who has them...

I would go for a more middle of the line skate if your concerned with the skates being too stiff. These would include the CCM 652, Bauer 5090, Easton Synergy 500, Nike V-9 or the Mission L-4. These will give you some stiffness for but not to the extent of the higher end skates.

He already has Synergy 500's, and by the looks of this, is looking to upgrade.

Exactly. I've realy love those skates in terms of comfort and this topic is about if weither or not the higher end synergies are similar to the 500's.

If I remember correctly, the 1300's fit different from the rest of the line, however, the 1100's are similar to the rest.

I could be wrong, but at least the 1100 is heat modable and not nearly as stiff as the 1300c.

yah but im using them right now, and even without the heat molding i didnt have any problems, but if ur blister prone there not right for you, i didnt find a big transition between the 1100 and the 1300 but stiffness but if you get the 1300 get ready to maintain, ur gonna need to toe pro the toe when you get them and glue back ever little peice of material that gets cut on ur boot cuz if not ur gonna have skate falling appart on you, cuz there no sown together they glued them all together

Sorry I didn't read your original thread carefully enough. If you are going up from the 500 I won't go all the way up to the 1300, too radical a change. Go easy maybe to a Synergy 700 or 900. The new 800 is coming out soon too so why not hold off and check it out before you make a decision.

I have the synergy 900's and the boot is pretty stiff, I definitely cannot do what was shown in the picture, without applying considerable force. If you like your skates kind of soft, I would stay away from the 900.

(For the record, I LOVE them.)