Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

Luf,

Be careful. I have a pair of One90s with the Vanguard Magnesium chassis (posted pic on this thread earlier). They are currently at my LHS (Hockey Monkey) because the outsole is coming off. I'm hoping (fingers crossed) that Hockey Monkey can get Bauer to repair/replace the defective boot.

Seems like the warrenty on the boots would be void, since you alterated the original skate?

Currently thinking about mounting my Hummer Chassis on my ONE90 boots. Very excited to do it =)

Has anyone else done this setup? will the ONE90 boot work with the dremmel? I'd appreciate any advice if anyone knows, as i'm kinda a newbie to mounting and etc.

Hi Lufria,

I'm mounting a sprung chassis on the one90 for a teammate, and already mounted a hummer chassis on my rbk 7k. I would say that it is really hard to mount the hummer chassis under a one90, there is already a "hole" in the outsole, if it fit you are really lucky. But if it not fit, you have to dremmel out a bit and that would be really hard on the one 90.

The more and more you guys say how difficult it is, the more i'm leaning against the one90s on hummers. I think it'd be like a dream skate to me, but i definitely don't wanna destroy the boot.

Is there anyone out there i can send them too?

The more and more you guys say how difficult it is, the more i'm leaning against the one90s on hummers. I think it'd be like a dream skate to me, but i definitely don't wanna destroy the boot.

Is there anyone out there i can send them too?

Mike, I wouldnt do it. You are better off just getting a regular hi-low chassis, or a sprung and putting it on the one90. The Hummer is a great chassis, its just too damn difficult to mount with having to dremel boots. The soles on high end skates are just too thin.

To everyone that warned me about the ONE90 skates - i appreciate the warnings. I ended up hooking up with a guy that is going to mount me some chassis he has that's all 76 MM that will not interfere with the boot. I'll post pics as soon as their done!

If they are done in time, I will be.

What happened to your flyweight conversion?

The week I was gonna do it, I got the stomach bug. After that, I was just too busy to drop them off by the shop. I'll have 'em done by the end of this week if I get the time.

Gotem mounted. I'm still waiting for spacers and some some A6 arms for the other skate, but here is how the finished product turned out. I'm pretty sure the wheels are junk but I got all 8 wheels with bearings for $12 for hockeygiant. I threw them on the order with my Tacks to get the free shipping. I have Black/Silver 78A Hornets coming this week.

DSC_2779.jpg

Those turned out pretty good, nice job! Can't beat $135 for some nice ccm skates, now you just gotta sell the original holders

I just started playing roller hockey. I've been on the ice for the last 34 years. My current ice skates are Vector Pro's so the holders/steel from these Tacks will be held onto as spares when my Vpro holders/steel break (as they eventually will). They are the same size.

I play inline tomorrow night. I hope my spacers get here tomorrow.

These are all really nice setups. What are some suggestions on ice skates I should convert to roller if I really like Mission inline skates? My missions always seem to break or fall apart or I would just buy new missions. I have seen a lot of people using reebok boots. also ccm 992s are on super sale at Hockey giant right now so somebody let me know what your opinions are.

I paid $159 for the Tacks. They just went down again to $135. I wonder if HG has any price protection.

You can build this set up for:

992 Tacks = $135

Sprung A6 = $120

Hyper Phantom wheels = $1.50 x 8 = $12 (on sale @ HG)

* these come with Bearings $8

Spacers =

You can build these on the cheap for as low as $275.

I have Bevo ABEC-9 bearings and RR Hornets (Black and Silver 78A) coming which drives the price up.

I'm really impressed with this 992 boot. I've always been a CCM guy with my last three pairs being Ultra Tacks, Pro Tacks, and Vector Pro's. This 992 boot is as nice as any of those three were. And comfortable too.

Edited by in da crease

TERRIBLE bearings. They dont even break in, and stop spinning after a month or 2 of usage. They "gum" up. They are not cleanable either.

And now....Drum Roll please....

DSC_0660.jpg

DSC_0663.jpg

love the skates, but the mount seems a bit forward. It looks about 1/4". Think I Will be ok?

Edited by kovalchuk71

nice skates. im currently using bevo abec 9's (the ones that came with my code carbons) and they suck. i was thinking about getting bones red. what do you suggest i get and are the reds any good?