Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Langenbrunner15

Chelsea Piers Hockey Camp

really i hear the arena is pretty nice never played there by some of my teammates have

but what i know from experience the Floyd hall arena camps are really good theres camps for pretty much every aspect of skills and the counselors and coaches are great

I know the floyd hall camps....but I won $900 bucks at chelsea piers for a camp, there is eaither baseball,gold,hockey nad something else I thionk but I would rather do hockey. How is the camp? Is it more of a just come for some ice and we'll help you out a little or is it intense and all?

Although the youth hockey in NYC isn't all that great for obvious reasons, keep in mind that New York is essentially the center of the world. There are some very good instructors, some world class hockey and especially figure, working out of Chelsea Piers. I believe Alana Blahoski, Assistant Coach of the US Women's Olympic team was actually teaching at the Piers, she lives in New York. It's just expensive as all hell there. Hockey takes money and motivation, and in NYC it takes a lot more of it than anywhere else.

In addition, you'd be surprised how many talented hockey players end up working in NYC after their careers end - a lot of Ivy League grads in finance, law, etc. St. Nick's Hockey Club based out of Brooklyn is a shue in to be at USA Hockey's Elite Championship and is comprised traditionally of former DI players working in the financial district.

So there is some good hockey in the city, most of it was not raised in NYC, but are there for one reason or another. Take the ice time, it won't be an amazing camp, but it will be as good as most standard hockey camps you'll find.

didn't Molly Marcoux (sp)? used to work there as well back in the 90's she played for Princeton and I think the Canadian national team as well...

their A league there is solid..a lot of MA and transplants from all over..