Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cause4alarm

How long has hockey been in your family?

How long has hockey been in your family?  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My grandmother came from England in the 20s and went through Hamilton, Ontario before heading to the States. I can only wonder if she ever passed a rink in Hamilton 75 years ago!

Sweet, Dstar! Gotta love the Hammer! I know we had an outdoor rink forever that was just re-done (for a second time) about a few years ago.

The Parkdale Pat Quinn arena :blink:

Sweet, Dstar! Gotta love the Hammer! I know we had an outdoor rink forever that was just re-done (for a second time) about a few years ago.

The Parkdale Pat Quinn arena :blink:

Wasn't Coronation an Outdoor for a long long time?

To the original question...My dad played when he was a kid (never went anywhere in hockey)...I didn't play as a kid...started later in life. Is that still 2nd Gen?

2nd generation. My Dad played, but suprisingly Gramps didn't get a whole lot of ice time during the depression ;)

My Dad still has his orignal gloves, Gordie Howe specials from the Eatons catalogue :) I'm saving them to put in a shadow box someday.

They look just like these

99_1.JPG

My great great uncle on my moms side got invited to play with the New York Rangers but his wife(my aunt) wouldn't let him. On my dads side his cousin Dan McCarthy played AHL hockey and 4 goals in 5 games with the rangers. Wierd coincidence that my only two connections to NHL hockey are the rangers.

2nd generation. My Dad played, but suprisingly Gramps didn't get a whole lot of ice time during the depression ;)

My Dad still has his orignal gloves, Gordie Howe specials from the Eatons catalogue :) I'm saving them to put in a shadow box someday.

They look just like these

99_1.JPG

My neighbor which is like my uncle gave me some pairs like those when I was VERY young, but with a canadian sign on the cuff. Had to ducktape some of the fingers they were falling apart.