Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shute

Itech RBE VIII Ti cage

Sorry, but I don't buy it. Granted most of the kids without clips wear it lose too but I've seen some pretty serious damage in games that I've reffed. Not once has someone with clips had their face mangled.

Chadd,

That could be because they actually had it on properly.

with all the players I have worked with over the last few years they were all wearing the clips and last year we had one injury and it was from wearing it a little loose and having the clips on the lower setting and not allowing the mask to take the impact and slide up into the clips (if using them). Anyway I adjusted the clips tightend the mask on after we fixed her chin with some strips and she had no problems the rest of the year.

Now all the other players not using any had no injuries all season???

That was in partial fact that they clamped down on how helmets and masks were worn. In our league your cage must be snug and all straps done up tightly.

In our league we had very few head injurys this season at all.

The ones that did...to loose and not done up properly.

It is all personal prefernce but there is NO rule that says you must wear them just wear the helmet properly.

Tight fitting cage snug tight fitting helmet.......less chance of injury period.

clips or no clips.

You forgot the mouthguard. That's almost more important than the helmet for preventing concussions. I would say that 10% of people I see actually wear the cages properly and probably half don't have their helmet adjusted properly. It's more important to be stylish than protected.

You forgot the mouthguard. That's almost more important than the helmet for preventing concussions. I would say that 10% of people I see actually wear the cages properly and probably half don't have their helmet adjusted properly. It's more important to be stylish than protected.

And the funny thing is I think the loose cages look like crap...trashy imo.

Dam staight lol. Here in the UK maybe one or two kids per team wear mouthgaurds, they're not mandatory. I usually do because im prone to concussions and had my teeth knocked and went through the torture of having them fixed, so im not doing that again.

USA Hockey requires kids in PEE WEE level or higher to wear a mouthpiece. It can not be clear unless it is attached to the helmet with a chord it. If the ref see them with it not in thier mouth they will usually give them a warning and the second time is usually a penalty.

USA Hockey requires kids in PEE WEE level or higher to wear a mouthpiece. It can not be clear unless it is attached to the helmet with a chord it. If the ref see them with it not in thier mouth they will usually give them a warning and the second time is usually a penalty.

I wear the shockdoc pro clear mouthpiece without the string attached to the cage...haven't gotten any complaints from refs yet(maybe because of the black part attached in front?)