Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cougarscaptain87

Substances

im sure you have all heard this 100 times but just seeing what you guys are into. im looking to get bigger and i know this sounds so generic but i want to do it fast. i have a very good gym schudle going and its just not going fast enough for me. im 6 foot 2 inches tall and about 170 lbs tall and skinny. im lookin for any LEGAL substances/ additives that you guys have experince with.

All you really need to do is to eat more. Whey protein powder can help you accomplish this in the form of shakes (scoop of whey, cup of oatmeal, cup of milk, natural peanut butter, blend). Most "substances" only have reasonable results if you are already working your ass off, and eating a LOT of food. I'm talking about 6-8 meals a day of high protein, high carb, moderate healthy fats of food (and a lot of water: at least a gallon a day)...if you do this, you will get big fast. It won't all be muscle (hence the term "bulking"), but it will pack on a lot of muscle, along with some fat, as long as you are lifting hard. And since I assume your season is over, you will have plenty of time to lean out over the summer.

If you really insist on using supplements, all you really should waste your money on is a good multivitamin, extra vitamin c and b complex, fish/flax oil, optimum nutrition whey protein, and creapure creatine. Combined with a good diet and a good workout program, you could pack on quite a bit of size before next season..send me a PM if you need any diet help. I started properly lifting and hardcore eating during my sophomore year of high school, and went from a skinny 138lbs to 195lbs of mostly muscle in a little bit over 2 years (using only the same supplements I listed above)...if you start a good diet with a good lifting program, you could add 10-20 in the next 3-4 months if you are new. And then when you lean out for the season, probably end up about 5-10 pounds heavier of all muscle, if you are new to lifting and dieting..

I was 135 and skinny when I started lifting. Got up to 173lbs in about 8 months or so. I lost some of the weight, and I'm hanging around 160. All lean muscle. I'm very cut and defined. Wasn't really going for mass as I was for just strength.

When I got to 173, I was doing the following:

Lifting 4-5 days a week. I did NOT do legs at this time. It was all upper body. My weight gains could have been more if I did legs though.

Ate at least every 2 hours. Not all protein. Just ANYTHING. Get your caloric intake up. Put it this way, you must intake positive amounts of calories everyday. If you take in 3000 but burn off say 500, you only took in 2500 for the day. That is not enough. Search around the web for daily caloric intake tabulators. There is a formula. Any day you you do not take in more calories, way more, you are not going to gain.

Supplements: Protein shakes, 30-45 mins before workout and immediately after. In the shakes I would add 1/2 cup carb powder, and 1 serving of glutamine on the post workout shake (roughly a teaspoon I think). Creatine Ethyl Esther tablets 30-45 mins before workout, and immediately after. Nitric Oxide tablets, 8 in the AM, 8 just before lunch. Now here was the big daddy, I did 1 cycle of Methyl One-T testosterone booster. It was legal at the time, and most forms still are. I gained alot of size and strength with the T booster. I don't really recommend it's long-term use though. Maybe 1 cycle if you are looking to gain size quick, but seriously, don't mess with the stuff if you don't have to. Also 1-2 tablespoons of Flaxseed Oil in postworkout shake. Tastes kinda grassy, gave me diarehea for the first week or so, but the long term effects of flax intake have been shown to be very beneficial. Great for the heart (Omega3 fatty acids) and also good for the hair and skin. Also has some protein and calories, but small amounts.

Side Effects I noticed: Nitric Oxide. Gave me energy during lifting. I felt and looked pumped. My veins were POPPING. Downside. Made me feel tight and swollen. This was ok during lifting, but once I stepped onto the playing surface for hockey, my legs got tight. No good. Some games, I was so tight, I could barely skate. I don't know if this was an isolated side effect with me, but if not, stay away if you're playing hockey. Methyl One T. Noticed largest gains in size and strength, by far. No less than 10lbs of weight, all lean muscle mind you, in about 3-4 weeks. Downside. Definately messed with my sex drive. All I wanted to do is lift stuff. Screwing around with my girlfriend was the last thing on my mind. Late at night when it was time to get it on, all I wanted to do was go to sleep so I could get back into the gym. It was wierd. Other than that not too much. I had some slight irritability. No mood swings, but my ability to take people's BS was alot lower than usual. A friend of mine took a different version of Methyl OneT, and said he felt very sexual. So I guess I might have had another isolated side effect. I dunno.

I also suggest you sleep well, and drink plenty of water. Alot of initial weight gain is water weight, and water retention. But eventually your body will get used to the excess water. But it's still good to keep yourself hydrated.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

Just to add.....if you plan on training and dieting heavy, think about using glucosamine to keep your joints lubricated, and also glutamine to put off some of the muscle soreness, as well as preventing your body from canibalizing your lean muscle mass when it needs more energy then you are taking in. 8 Weeks ago I went to a nutritionist/personal trainer, he put me on a diet/workout plan and instructed me to start taking these suplements. Since my baseline weigh in. I have went from a fat 200lbs to a lean 180lbs. And my body fat % has gone from 17.5 to 11.3. I have 4 weeks left w/him and plan on getting to 175 lbs w/a 9.5 body fat.

Whey protein. Ricotta cheese is one of the easiest and cheapest sources of quality whey. Add 1 tsp of Vanilla flavoring, some Splenda voila. Just have to get around th egritty taste. A little skim milk mixed in does the trick sometimes.

If you're a hockey player, you damn sure better be lifting legs hard and not just upper body...and m1t is a bad idea, it is a very powerful steroid, which was legal only because of technicalities.

Get the book "Complete Conditioning for Ice Hockey" by Peter Twist. All that working out is great an all, but doing the wrong exercises will just deterioriate your game. You need to work out specifically for your sport. This book will help you quite a bit. I am currently reading through it, writing notes to develop my own training program with the fitness equipment and rink time available to me. Plus, it has a great section on nutrition.

Do it naturally, I've seen sports players who go all natural (minus natural protein shakes minus all the jazz stuff) and they get BIG. That's my goal, getting big and gaining weight while gaining agility, and keeping myself healthy. I'm 5'10" and 140 lbs right now, and in OK shape, but I figure working hard for a year starting now with the season coming to a close, by next year I can hopefully have gained 20-25 lbs of muscle mass and increased my ability to be a real power forward.

Every 4 months we get the same topic rehashed. Basically, you are nutz if you are taking "suplements" before trying to do things the ALL NATURAL way:

1: Cut out junk food like fried foods, chips, fatty stuff, sugary stuff, sugary sodas, etc

2: Eat a ton of protein, like eggs, steak patties, chicken breasts, cottage cheese, along with a ton of veggies and fruits, and enough carbs (pasta, rice, whole wheat bread) to just give you the energy you need without increasing body fat %

3: right after each workout (15 minuntes max) down some food or a sports drink that have a lot of carbs and protein (low fat chocolate milk is almost perfect)

4: do a serious work out plan. Lots of weight lifting. Free weights are great because you exercise the whole body. Rest the proper number of days before going heavy on a specific part of a body again, so that you get the maximum muscle development

5: take a high quality vitamin pill, and a calcium/magnesium mineral pill each day.

6: If you have too much % body fat, taking fish oil pills apparently will cut that fat off of the bone while also helping your heart (omega 3 oils).

Such a plan constitues a major and positive change to most teenagers way of life, and should get you 10-25 lbs more muscle mass this summer!

And, of course, when the season nears its start up, you want to shift over to more plyometrics, olympic lifting, and aerobics to get into hockey shape.

So, in short do not try to cheat the system with some bogus diet or illegal/uwise pills. Do things the way nature intended for men to get strong.

When you say EAT EAT EAT, I worry about eating too much crap or just too much food and just gaining fat. What do you think?

As long as you are lifting 2-4 days a week hard, eating a lot of good healthy food, and keeping up your cardio and skills/speed/agility work, the extra weight you gain should be mostly muscle. It is impossible to "bulk up" without putting on some fat, but you just have to decide what your real goal is. If you want to gain weight and muscle, you need to eat a lot, and then worry about cutting off the extra fat later...by the time you're doing summer training, tryouts, and your season starts, you won't have the ability to lift as much, and you will be doing lots of good cardio, so it should all work itself out.

Find some deca... you'll put on 50 pounds in 3 days garunteed. :lol:

First, eat eat eat... at your point, putting on a couple pounds of fat is no big deal... it won't hurt you, and you can lose it later if you need to. So just eat it.

Most supplements don't work, so stick to basics, mainly a creatine and protein powder. All this NO2 crap and whatever doesn't even need to be touched, it's proven to not work.

I'm looking at the BSN cellmass, nitrix, noxplode stuff, and it has very little protein and says to take it on an empty stomach. If I we're to buy this, how would I use it to inclean protein's or weight gainer stuff into the daily regime. Sorry for stealing the topic.

I'm looking at the BSN cellmass, nitrix, noxplode stuff, and it has very little protein and says to take it on an empty stomach. If I we're to buy this, how would I use it to inclean protein's or weight gainer stuff into the daily regime. Sorry for stealing the topic.

My internet is brutal here at school... I'll try and help you when I get a look, but for now I would say don't buy it. If the NOxplode has arginine in it, it is pretty useless, but I have to see nitrix and cellmass which they sell with it.

Don't fall into the idea that just because the company sells it in a stack that your results will be "so much better by combining them" because a lot of these supplement companies are really sketchy.

All of these products are a ripoff, and won't give you any real solid gains...the no2 supplements are based on using arginine to increase blood flow to muscles, making you feel/look a bit more "pumped up", but once you stop taking it, all the "results" will quickly disappear. Just stick with protein and creatine...creatine monohydrate is very cheap, and it's the one proven supplement that's been around for a while, and has been tested to be safe. Alot of the newer stuff could have pretty bad side effects long term, as the companies have no idea what it even does most of the time.

im taking protein on a non regular basis. the only problem with all these "hockey" workouts is that i play varsity baseball aswell. so some things may really help for hockey but im worried about my baseball carear aswell. i wanted to try creatine and i told my parents but they talked to my doc and he siad it isnt approved. i have asthma so are all of these suggestions fine to use with asthma?

When you say EAT EAT EAT, I worry about eating too much crap or just too much food and just gaining fat. What do you think?

Eat the right stuff and you won't have to worry about it. Stay away from junk. Fast foods, fried foods, all OUT. Stick with whole grains, healthy rice, tuna 2-3xs a week, chicken, steak 2 xs week, lots of greens.

Stay away from unhealthy snacking. Chips, candy, etc. Instead try real fruits, oatmeal, protein shakes, cottage cheese.

Stick with that, and a good excerise routine and you won't have to worry.

All of these products are a ripoff, and won't give you any real solid gains...the no2 supplements are based on using arginine to increase blood flow to muscles, making you feel/look a bit more "pumped up", but once you stop taking it, all the "results" will quickly disappear. Just stick with protein and creatine...creatine monohydrate is very cheap, and it's the one proven supplement that's been around for a while, and has been tested to be safe. Alot of the newer stuff could have pretty bad side effects long term, as the companies have no idea what it even does most of the time.

I have to agree with USA on this. NO2 is good while you're on it, but once you get off (and supposedly you don't have to), you lose all the gains. I've read it's safe to use all the time, but it can be pricey and the little gains you do see don't seem worth the $ once a month for a bottle. If you want to do a month of it for some quick gains, then try. Otherwise, I can't disagree with USA's good excerise, eating, protein, some creatine regimen.

If you're a hockey player, you damn sure better be lifting legs hard and not just upper body...and m1t is a bad idea, it is a very powerful steroid, which was legal only because of technicalities.

LOL you sound the like the trainers at my gym who would yell at me for not doing legs! "Your shoulders are massive, your arms are huge! But your legs are toothpicks! And you play hockey, you need legs!"

This is all true. It was just a pain in the ass because I play on 3 teams and am out there 3-4 times a week, so to get a leg routine in is tough. I need at least 1 day to get over the soreness and to rest my legs, but with the odd schedule I just couldn't do it, or didn't want to!

I cut down to 2 teams of roller so since I have a less hectic schedule I have been doing legs...but ice starts soon, so see ya later legs!

Its never stops to amaze me the lengths people are willing to go or the short cuts they are willing to take. Needless to say, I agree with USAhockeyy22 overall.

Maybe its just that I was lucky and am natually built pretty thick and never had any need of getting bigger. But still...When you take short cuts, you never learn to do things properly or the right way

Well, that is what most people fail to understand...aside from using protein powder to get in extra calories (which is a good way to do it), any other supplement, or steroid even, will not help a person much at all if they don't have a solid training and eating plan first. Just taking vitamins, eating good carbs, protein, fruits and vegetables is much more than most people are willing to do for their diet. Another thing that helps a LOT, and most people probably neglect, is keeping hydrated. You should be drinking water constantly through the day, and be getting at least a gallon each day. Especially with the high sodium foods that people eat, caffeine, etc, which dehydrate you, water is a must. If you take creatine, you also need to make sure you are getting a lot of it. Creatine causes a pretty quick gain of about 5 pounds just from the extra water weight you retain in your muscles...having more water in the muscles creates a better anabolic environment for training anyway, and allows the body to function much better.

how can you say that?

Now i will be the first person to tell you that you shuoldn't buy BSN's products, but that is simply because they are over priced. NO-explode works, plain and simple. Without getting technical, you will have more energy, and better workouts if you take it before hand. Thats not to say you should because you can do better, but don't bash it down as a rip off. Cell mass is a creatine product by the way, and for people who haven't done the research to stack multiple supplements together to get what they want, sometimes these are alright.

That being said, dont buy them because you can do better for less $.

1)ON ultimate 100% whey gold standard is the protien you should be drinking. Its cheap, has a good blend of BCAA's and has glutimine in it.

2)a decent mulit vitamin. There are lots out there. You can get them from GNC if u want to pay the extra money, or order them offline when u buy ur protien. I've been taking animal paks, by universal, but they cost to much and im currently looking for something new.

3) Pre workout -(NO product) - Shock therapy by universal. This stuff kicks. definatly one of the best preworkout drinks you can take. I am very impressed with this stuff. I have read very little from people claiming anything bad about this product. Im on a bulking - strength cycle and this stuff makes working out at 7am so much nicer. Big energy boost, good pump, no headaches.

4)creatine - Storm by universal. This is a new creatine product by universal. creatine is creatine. it seems they are always coming out with a new / improved one. I started with monohydrate and thought it was good. Then i moved on to CEE and loved it. Now that im taking the storm, it is unreal. If you start taking this stuff, your weights will deffinatly bump up and you will love it.

that is my current supplement stack. I do my research because im a college guy and i dont have moeny to be throwing around. If you would like to research any of this, or order anything, go to www.bodybuilding.com. They have an online store that is cheap, fast and safe. Along with a message board like this and 1000's of articles on weight lifting and supplements. Tons of info, info for lifting for sports ( hockey) and the message boards are great for learning about new products before buying them. I really try to reccomend the site to anyone with a question.

Has anybody here taken muscle milk by cytosport? I am currently taking it and I love it, I saw gains in just a week and bumped my max up after two weeks to 375lb on the bench and 450lb on squats.