Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ItsAWar

Best Knee Cradling System

I'm looking at getting some new leg pads and My number one priority is a good knee cradling system. My knees are kinda bad and they are not getting better as i get older. I'm going to be wearing knee pads as well but i really would like to know if any of you know of or have any opinions on pads and their knee cradling systems. Thanks.

Saw the DR Quantoms tonight. It esentially has an independent knee system. Like a shinpad. Pretty interesting.

When I saw that at the show I thought it was an interesting concept. Every goalie I talked to about the channel was interested but had some reservations.

I'm saving up for a pair of Brian's DX2's, and a huge selling point to me is the knee protection. Big soft and cushy knee pillows. Most of the pads I checked out didn't have as much knee padding, just lots of knee stacks (i.e. Eagles, and Missions).

try going for a small company like smith or miller even viper

they are all pretty cheap and alot of pad for your money and they proberly could do you a knee cradle mod aswell

just a thought

webster

With very few exceptions, top end pads (whether they are from brian's, vaughn, vortek, smith or insert your favorite pad here) have the knee protection laced in. This means that you can modify it to your hearts desire. If you truly like the "pillow" from Brian's but would prefer a different pad then get the pad that you want and add the brian's knee stack. Any decent retailer should be able to source the stack of your choice and then it's merely a matter of lacing in what you want.

::m

Saw the DR Quantoms tonight. It esentially has an independent knee system.  Like a shinpad.  Pretty interesting.

When I saw that at the show I thought it was an interesting concept. Every goalie I talked to about the channel was interested but had some reservations.

When the rep showed me them, first impression was "that's cool". Like a shin pad inside a goal pad that floats on your leg. I would love to try them out. I don't think any other pad has that kind of protection. Still, I don't have a clue how the pads work. But to get back to the original topic, the knee cradle has nothing to do with "protection", it's more of a support function when in butterfly, and also with recovery. Knee cradles are not designed for "protection." If your concern is getting older and the "old knees", I recommend a good knee brace, like a donjoy.

They've kept me going into my 50's. 4 times a week....yea baby!