Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

goodtimes1919

Top 100 NHL players

Kovy isn't on that list. I don't know why. Maybe because he has not a lot of points in his career. In terms of skills, I think he deserves to be on that list.

I like the idea and cannot comment of some of the older players, but there's some I would argue. Roenick above Gilmour? Foppa above Jagr? I'd say, looking at both in their prime and over a long stretch both are poor decisions. There's a few others I'd argue, but I'm sure those ones are just my Maple Leaf bias coming into play.

Tough job combining goalies with skaters, but I would like to see Patrick Roy up in the top 5.

Lidstrom should be a bit higher than 30th... with a couple of Cups and 3 Norris trophies?

Pretty good list of players. Can't really argue with any of them. A lot of history in that list.

No Elias?( I guess i can understand hes no tthere cuz hes only been in the league for 8 years ) but how is Iginla 89th?

Tough job combining goalies with skaters, but I would like to see Patrick Roy up in the top 5.

Lidstrom should be a bit higher than 30th... with a couple of Cups and 3 Norris trophies?

Pretty good list of players. Can't really argue with any of them. A lot of history in that list.

I don't know If I would've had Roy even that high, as great as he was in his prime. I thought he kind've embarassed himself the last few years. (Yes I know I am in the huge minority and am going to take alot of flak)

Its always hard to compile such a list, but as for guys like Iginla Elias, and Kovy, they haven't exactly done much in the grand scheme of things...

I think all the players are there, but the order is pretty hard to cement. For example i have soft spots for Stevie Y, Coffey, Bossy, so would like to have them higher.

Neely isn't there, but you got Bourque and the whole "Kraut Line" of the 50s, Orr and Eddie Shore, plus a few other B's. They're well represented! ;)

All I can tell you is what your watching Primeau doing now is what Neely did for most of his career. Mighty impressive indeed!

Neely and Lindros were both even better skills then Prim. (from all I heard).  They were on the offensive every shift.

Neely's skills and skating were far superior to Primeau's. However, I have been mighty impressed with what Keith is doing right now.

Lindros? I wont go any where down that road. ;)

I also think Yzerman is to far down the list. The fact that he stopped being a force on the O a long time ago may have hurt him. I also think Bourque should be higher and Roy lower.

Neely = GOD!

i second that. good god neeley was the man. no one played that hard and scored that much. just awesome.

Yzerman got screwed! The only reason he isn't higher is because he never led the league in scoring, but his highest scoring years where in the Gretzky and Lemieux were still around. Its also crap that Kariya and Iginla are on the list and Neely isn't! Sorry Avs fans, but no way in hell is Forsberg 17 or Sakic 16. I think Sakic is top 25, Forsberg top 40....shit theres some pretty skewed stuff on that list.

i dunno about the forsberg/sakic thing, but Neely deserves to be on thier if iggy and that poor excuse for a hockey player kariya are on thier, but thats just my opinion...

Surprised to see Modano all the way down at 85. He should be a little higher and definitly ahead of Nieuwendyk.