Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stock07

New Mission shafts

I noticed some places had the new Mission Ion shaft....Anyone know when the tapered shaft is going to be out?...Or has anyone used the Ion is it as good as the M-1 and L-2?....Also when are the new Mission blades going to be out?

I saw the Ion at my LHS. I was impressed. I hated my M2 at first, but wound up loving and it was def. one of my best sticks all time. The Ion felt lighter than the M2, and had concave sides. I felt that one side was straight, but one side was def. concave.

Thats why I was wondering...Ive heard a couple people who have them say they were super light...Like z-bubble light and had a good feel to them...I also heard that Mission was only coming out with a standard shaft for 06 and keeping the L-2 as their tapered verision?...But I have no idea that was only here say....What happened to the Mission 06 catalogue anyway it isent up anymore?

It's pretty darn light. I'd say it's about Zbubble-ish, round say, I dunno, 280ish. Certainly no more than 300. Couldn't tell you about feel though. I only picked it up. A grip version would be nice. It has the typical Mission Slickness. If there is one, I apologize.

Yes, L2 still in the lineup.

Similar to that of the M2 but with more concave sides. I guess it's like the Hex1 shaft. I dunno, seemed a little boxier than Hex1 to me, but same idea I guess.

The shaft also has one of the nicest paint jobs ive seen on a shaft before! I like the way how it fades red to black too, finally a standard shaft with two colours merging like on lots of OPS.

There's a new ORANGE/SILVER " Z 2 "shaft & blade combo in the 2006 Mission ICE catalogue as well as a budget OPS the AXIS .

Iv got a sample one of the new Pulse OPS & it seems good on both weight & blade durability.

Iv got a sample one of the new Pulse OPS & it seems good on both weight & blade durability.

That's good to hear because I've been eyeing the grip Pulse for a while. How about performance and feel?

i messed around with a pulse stick for a little at a tournament.. there are many 1 pieces that are bottom heavy or there isnt a good feel to the puck or something important like that. this wasnt the case for the pulse.. great balance in weight and good puck feel. i cant say anything about durability cause i was just messing around with it for like 15 minutes.. nice stick from what ive seen

Not sure about length. Maybe 51"? Couldn't remember if it had a butt end in it either. I'm sure it did. It felt very similar to the M2, but a little lighter and had concave sides. But the same boxy feel.