Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cheesehead

What is the proper way to block a shot?

after reading some of these methods like "spreading out like a butterfly goalie" and "covering your nuts with your hand" id like to have a bucket of pucks to unload on some of you...

roller hockey, what do you expect? :unsure:

use your legs that should be covered by your jofa shin pads

after reading some of these methods like "spreading out like a butterfly goalie" and "covering your nuts with your hand" id like to have a bucket of pucks to unload on some of you...

hahaahah, so funny :lol:

Yeah I was wondering about that one myself... I think the guy was talking about BEING a goalie... not sure though. But I started to wonder when he said "with your blocker." Probably some smartypants goalie trying to tell us all he doesn't appreciate it when we block shots for him.

well I'm not beign a smartypants, I've used the butterfly technique as a forward, maybe comes from playing a bit as a goalie. I only use it when I'm dead on in front of the player and he's shooting low. Normally I only use it in pickup games.

Only time I can go legs first is when I have to get over to the shooter, I can't think of anyhting I've stacked my legs when I wasn't moving towards the shooter from his side. Anyways definitle bring my arms in close when I'm sliding like I would if I was standing up, I'd rather have a bruise on my forearm, my elbow, or any other unprotected area rather than a direct shot to the chest.

lol It's been so long since I've been on the ice and done it that I can't honestly tell you when it was.

I'm curious though is there really a proper way to block a shot so long as you block it and don't just deflect it?

roller hockey, what do you expect? :blink:

use your legs that should be covered by your jofa shin pads

CCM/Jofa they both make great pads.