Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Muck

Shafts/Blades

Guest Muck

I've unfortunately got $150 credit at the Monkey (it'll be the last time I ever use them) and am thinking of using it on a nice shaft. I've always used a woodie, ignorant to this stuff. A couple of questions:

- Should I wait for the new line of 2006 or go ahead and buy the TPS XN10 Redline?

- What's next? How do I find the right blade for the shaft?

- What else do I need to get to put the whole thing together?

- How do I go about putting it together? I searched the forum, couldn't find any write-ups for beginners.

TIA

- What else do I need to get to put the whole thing together?

- How do I go about putting it together? I searched the forum, couldn't find any write-ups for beginners.

TIA

If you have a heat gun (or electric stove) just heat the end of the shaft you're going to insert the blade into, then warm up the glue on the blade. Slide in, let cool and you're ready to go.

Guest Muck

So I'll need some glue, a blade, the shaft, a heat gun, and then something like the Oggie Grip to use as a buttend?

I ordered the shaft today. Not sure what is considered a light blade.

So I'll need some glue, a blade, the shaft, a heat gun, and then something like the Oggie Grip to use as a buttend?

I ordered the shaft today.  Not sure what is considered a light blade.

You need the shaft, blade, and a head gun. Glue is already on the hosel of the blade. Some add extra glue to give it a tighter hold inside the shaft.

Oggie Grip and related grips are not needed. Every shaft/stick comes with a wood(or composite) buttend already inserted. Most people use normal cloth tape to make they're grips over the buttend.

Light blades that would balance the RLXN10 are TPS PTC, Easton Z-Carbon, Warrior AK27, and so on...

Guest Muck

Ok, is there an area with blade reviews? Also, the shaft is 51". I am 6'4", how do I get the stick to be the proper length? Is that a matter of keeping the plug at full length?

Guest Muck

Ignore the blade review inquiry, found the blade review area. :blink:

I would like to know about the length question, though.

Also, will this blade fit the RLXN10 shaft? http://www.hockeymonkey.com/tpscarbonptcrb1.html

The lady at the Monkey said she doesn't guarantee it will fit. I'm assuming it will, just don't want to be stuck with a blade I can't use.

I hate the Monkey.

Guest Muck

Thank you for your help, she said it wasn't part of her "compatability list."

Ok, is there an area with blade reviews? Also, the shaft is 51". I am 6'4", how do I get the stick to be the proper length? Is that a matter of keeping the plug at full length?

Depending on how long you want your stick, you may need a longer wood plug to put in there (cue shameless Oggie grip plug) or you can keep the one it comes with in there.