Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CardinalHcky19

3 points for a win in regulation next year

Yeah one of the rumours that have been floating around all year. These (*) will be next to lots of records soon.

They should have already been there since they started awarding a point for losing in OT.

IMo i really dont like the 1 point for the OT loss, i really perfer the old system zero for a loss no matter what and 2 for a win no matter what.

I think you need to give something for a SOL at least. I don't know if the shoot-out should carry as much weight as a normal win though.

I like the concept of three points for a regulation win, two for an overtime win and one for the tie at the end of regulation.

There has to be something to incent them to try to win the game, instead of playing defensively to make it to OT. I suspect that coaches would play for OT in the beginning of the year, rather than risk getting no points, but as the playoffs approach some teams will feel compelled to pick up the extra points for regulation wins.

Until they start giving two points for a loss and none for a win, the Hawks are going to be on the outside looking in.

Too many points if they do that!

Keep it how it is, it's good.

I don't understand how that's too many points. It's just a number, after all. 100 points is a good season now, while maybe 115 would be a good season if they changed.

The premise is it will improve games during the last five minutes when it should be most exciting, yet sometimes becomes too defensive with the current rules.

so, the idea is to make teams try harder to end the game in regulation?

that sounds like a good idea, but it might be bad for teams in tight divisions where the teams are evenly matched and there are a lot of overtimes.

how many overtime games did detriot have against st. louis play?

so, the idea is to make teams try harder to end the game in regulation? 

that sounds like a good idea, but it might be bad for teams in tight divisions where the teams are evenly matched and there are a lot of overtimes. 

how many overtime games did detriot have against st. louis play?

You just used the terms St. Louis, Detroit, and "evenly-matched" in the same post :D

Ahhh....my poor Blues. I'll use the same mantra I've come to accept as a Cubs fan--There's always next year.