Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Fletch

So I just got my Black Beauty Lie Detector.....

A reasonable idea, but with so many rockered blades out now (as opposed to flat bottom blades) the angles could be off several degrees just by measuring the blade's bottom differently.

There should be a lot of standardizing done - flexes, lies, weights... Won't likley happen since there is no governing body, as with most industries.

A reasonable idea, but with so many rockered blades out now (as opposed to flat bottom blades) the angles could be off several degrees just by measuring the blade's bottom differently.

There should be a lot of standardizing done - flexes, lies, weights... Won't likley happen since there is no governing body, as with most industries.

That's the biggest problem in measuring lies. I don't know how many people I've seen say that a Lindros is a 5 lie, yet it is far more upright than a Modano when the shafts or blades are directly compared.

I don't have an LHS, so purchases are basically all online. So far, I have only been able to find blades with lies down around 5 to 5.5, but nothing lower.

Anyone know where I could find lower lie blades online other than the Black Beauty site?

Thanks!

I don't have an LHS, so purchases are basically all online. So far, I have only been able to find blades with lies down around 5 to 5.5, but nothing lower.

Anyone know where I could find lower lie blades online other than the Black Beauty site?

Thanks!

The Inno Fedorov was slightly lower(4.5-ish), I assume the Warrior model is/will be as well. Sher-wood Leclair was also sub-5 last time I checked.

If I don't have a lie detector but I can try out sticks with my skates on... how do I hold the stick? And I'm guessing that I need somone to get down on the floor and see if the blade is flush? I'm just wondering cause in a game, often my top hand gets folded almost up into the armpit, and I don't think that that is the way that I should determine that the lie is good for me or not.

If I don't have a lie detector but I can try out sticks with my skates on... how do I hold the stick? And I'm guessing that I need somone to get down on the floor and see if the blade is flush? I'm just wondering cause in a game, often my top hand gets folded almost up into the armpit, and I don't think that that is the way that I should determine that the lie is good for me or not.

Here ya go...

http://www.bbsticks.com/liedetectorinst.htm

Here ya go...

But, if I have my regular stick (without a lie detector attached, just a regular blade that I'm thinking about buying) and I put my top hand down by my side, there is no way that the blade will be flush with the floor! It's going to be off the floor at least a couple inches.

Maybe I wasn't clear... what's the best way of figuring this kind of thing out WITHOUT using a piece of equipment like the lie detector.

If you look closely at the picture of the lie detector page, it appears that there is some sort of nob or something on the bottom of the toe of the lie detector. It looks to be about an inch or so high. So if you hold your favorite stick like the BB site tells you to, your toe should be an inch or so off the ground. At least that is what it looks like to me.

Here ya go...

But, if I have my regular stick (without a lie detector attached, just a regular blade that I'm thinking about buying) and I put my top hand down by my side, there is no way that the blade will be flush with the floor! It's going to be off the floor at least a couple inches.

Maybe I wasn't clear... what's the best way of figuring this kind of thing out WITHOUT using a piece of equipment like the lie detector.

Check the tape wear on the bottom of your blade.

No, your blade should be flush to the floor. That nob is to get a more accurate reading.

Gotch'a.

My bad....

What retail blade is closest to a "true" 4 lie?

I guess youd have to get a federov blade and cut your stick a little bit.

There goes my slap shot....lol