Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reaper

Canadian Online Hockey Gear Retailers

What are some good Canadian Online Hockey Gear Retailers? I tried the search function but didn't find another thread and Google isn't telling me.

www.hockeygeeks.com

www.peranis.net (if you can get it to ship from windsor or london)

www.thehockeyshop.com

www.sportsrousseau.com

From what I've seen from a lot of the Canadian online stores, most of the time it's cheaper to get it from an american site -- even with all the s/h and duty fees.

domi - have you ordered from them?

I emailed them a week or so ago about shipping to Toronto, and they said they only ship via UPS. In every experience I've had with UPS, I've gotten screwed on brokerage fees (note not Duty or taxes - the actual fee UPS slaps ontop of that for filling out the paper). The minimum charge I've had was $45 from UPS after the fact - and that was for an item that was labelled as $25 value. I've also paid $75 in UPS fees for $190 in goods that were labeled as a gift. I therefore make it a policy to not buy anything that is shipped via UPS.

Just wondering if you've ordered and if you had the same UPS issues as I've had...

Brokerage from hockeymonkey is brutual. I bought a pair of gloves for $99 US and pair $52 on brokerage, and shipping wasn't cheap either. Plus it took about 10 days to Canada. I would buy from hockeygiant before hockeymonkey - more for shipping, but way less brokerage, and twice as fast shipping.

I found hockeyskates.ca cheaper than hockeygalore.ca and I needed something special I couldn't find anywhere and they went the extra mile to find it and order it in for me.

i bought all my gear from them, but i am located in usa. so no duty fees for me, i was not aware of this problem.

1800faceoff was pretty good too.

btw i am getting some gloves shipped ups from toronto to usa, will i have to pay any fees when they get here?

No clue if you'll have extra fees on that shipment - I would suspect so if it's shipped UPS - I will say the other methods (USPS, Fedex, etc.) all are fine, and I haven't got stuck with crazy fees from them - so if you didn't get them sent UPS you are hopefully ok.

I've always received at least a $35 brokerage fee when receiving things shipped across the Canada/US border via UPS or Fedex. If you have a choice when you're having things shipped across the border ask for them to be shipped USPS or Canada Post. The most I've paid with those services is a $5 fee and taxes, but often pay nothing especially if the item is marked as a gift. It can take a bit longer, but you'll definitely save money by avoiding UPS and Fedex. The only way I'll order anything that is going to be shipped UPS or Fedex is if I'm going to be saving significantly more than $40 (Like $100 plus).