Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shagel

2006 OHL Draft

Hello all just posting this before the draft starts at 9 am tomorow (6th). If anyone gets drafted post here. I will update when i have my word.

my buddy is going #1

steve stamkos greta hockey player he is going to the sting

And what might your buddies name be?

my buddy is going #1

just look at the post you willl find out!

and if you cant find it its Steven Stamkos

my buddy is going #1

just look at the post you willl find out!

and if you cant find it its Steven Stamkos

That was weird, it didnt say it when I first read it :angry:

Thanks..BTW

Just wondering if anyone else new anything, but I noticed Hodgson went 17th. In my eyes he was easily top 5 behind del zotto and stamkos. But i was at the provincials with him a couple weeks back and we heard he had made an unofficial verbal agreement with michigan(i think, it was a big american college) to play there when eligible. Wondering if anyone knows if his low (for his talent lol) draft position was because of that agreement?

Just wondering if anyone else new anything, but I noticed Hodgson went 17th. In my eyes he was easily top 5 behind del zotto and stamkos. But i was at the provincials with him a couple weeks back and we heard he had made an unofficial verbal agreement with michigan(i think, it was a big american college) to play there when eligible. Wondering if anyone knows if his low (for his talent lol) draft position was because of that agreement?

It definately could have been, they used to ask your intentions on the application. Usually they drop a little lower though, I had a friend who dropped 4-5 rounds on his verbal agreement.

Hello all just posting this before the draft starts at 9 am tomorow (6th). If anyone gets drafted post here. I will update when i have my word.

So what is your name and did you get picke??

A St. Louis kid went 20th overall.

I used to play with Adam Comrie (9th round)on dead ice at the rink I worked out and I sharpen Mike Clemente (10 round) skates.

I used to play with Adam Comrie (9th round)on dead ice at the rink I worked out and I sharpen Mike Clemente (10 round) skates.

do you know cam flint he is also one of my buddys.... he plys for the ice dogs...

Liam is good, but there is no way he "should" have gone 5th round. He's small, it's simple. I think he went lower because of the lack of impact he makes on the ice.

Me and Flint are good freinds, played with each other and were in the same class a couple of years ago.

He's got it lucky going to brampton and staying close to home , but he has alot of competition to make wildcard spot. For me, the guys above me with the exception of 1st and 2nd round arn't that good, so i have a good chance of getting the wildcard, but obviously i will need to work.

Liam is good, but there is no way he "should" have gone 5th round. He's small, it's simple. I think he went lower because of the lack of impact he makes on the ice.

Me and Flint are good freinds, played with each other and were in the same class a couple of years ago.

He's got it lucky going to brampton and staying close to home , but he has alot of competition to make wildcard spot. For me, the guys above me with the exception of 1st and 2nd round arn't that good, so i have a good chance of getting the wildcard, but obviously i will need to work.

Did they change the rookie rule? I thought you had to be a top 2 round pick to be eligible to play in your first year. I'm guessing it's the first 2 rounds, plus 1 "any rounder" which is what you are calling the "wild card"?'

Sometimes being close to home is a blessing, other times it's a killer.

From my understanding, first 2 rounds play with no restrictions, the team is allowed one wildcard player from the other 13 rounds.

So if the team picked, player A first round, and Player B and C second round they are all elgible without a problem. Than player D can get the wildcard spot.

Del Zotto is one of my best friends. It's pretty surreal that he's going through all this right now. I called yesterday when he was in Oshawa adressing the media, he said it was crazy, people asking him questions every step he took, all that good stuff.

Anyone else surprised that Carrick got drafted in the 6th..

I thought he'd go 13-15th if anything. Wilson in the 10th..bush league. He should have been top 5. And Noble didn't get drafted at all. Few surprises there.

Liam is good, but there is no way he "should"  have gone 5th round. He's small, it's simple. I think he went lower because of the lack of impact he makes on the ice.

Did they change the rookie rule? I thought you had to be a top 2 round pick to be eligible to play in your first year. I'm guessing it's the first 2 rounds, plus 1 "any rounder" which is what you are calling the "wild card"?'

Sometimes being close to home is a blessing, other times it's a killer.

My buddy PK Subban was taken 6th round last year and was playing this year. (belleville bulls)