Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin 1933

I like Camo

Half of you want crazy camo and pink laces. Half of you scream that hockey is losing its "tradition" with equipment. Schizo f'n hockey players!!!!!!!

27_1_b.JPG

30_1.JPG

i love thjat stick, if they made camo goalie pads....thats be pretty cool, i think

They would have to look like the back of the netting and maybe a bit of red on the side to look like posts? Great idea, imho.

Mission isn't copying Warrior, how can you say that about a company that has been on its on for what 10-12 years now??

the factory team has worn lime green/black, pink, tuxedos, etc..I think there will be a couple of color options for the PRO and Factory teams.

There must be enough people out there who are buying the stuff since the color schemes keep coming...from yellow bilt rite gloves to Fedorov's Nike's etc..style sells in the hockey world..

me I'm waiting for the OPS version of the Grand Wagoneer ...a nano type with a wood paneling look.. :D

Mission isn't copying Warrior, how can you say that about a company that has been on its on for what 10-12 years now??

the factory team has worn lime green/black, pink, tuxedos, etc..I think there will be a couple of color options for the PRO and Factory teams.

There must be enough people out there who are buying the stuff since the color schemes keep coming...from yellow bilt rite gloves to Fedorov's Nike's etc..style sells in the hockey world..

me I'm waiting for the OPS version of the Grand Wagoneer ...a nano type with a wood paneling look.. :D

its because warrior developped a new marketing approach trying to be "cool" and swerve away from the norm. and it boosted their sales, not only do guys in the show use them, but how many warrior threads do we have? on top of the people who arent even on this board.

No offense but mission is not a top of the game in sticks, or equipment. maybe in roller hockey yes, and i think this stick would fit perfectly there as its a different culture of player, just look at the styles of some skates.

with this color, mission is obviously going away from traditional approach, and trying to develop a product to catch the eye, however many, i bet, will see it as a gimick and stick with the eastons or the bauers.

Some years ago a team in Sweden used these uniforms btw, they were sponsored by the local army base. Would look even better with camo gloves and sticks.

bikfram01bf.th.gif

I remember those jerseys like it was yesterday. Among the ugliest I've ever seen.

The away jersey:

boden_front.jpg

Warrior didn't do much except repaint some sticks and actually give it an ad campaign that wasn't half of Detroit's roster holding the stick...you may see a ton of their sticks in the show...but how many have people actually bought them? Wow, seems a lot like something MISSION used to do in the mid 90's...sure you can sell 30000 pair of skates..so make 20000 and keep demand high...

if you would have thought you'd see a stick called and painted like the Mack Daddy in the NHL?? probably not..so seeing some team colored camo wouldn't surprise me in the future..

Warrior didn't do much except repaint some sticks and actually give it an ad campaign that wasn't half of Detroit's roster holding the stick...you may see a ton of their sticks in the show...but how many have people actually bought them? Wow, seems a lot like something MISSION used to do in the mid 90's...sure you can sell 30000 pair of skates..so make 20000 and keep demand high...

if you would have thought you'd see a stick called and painted like the Mack Daddy in the NHL?? probably not..so seeing some team colored camo wouldn't surprise me in the future..

right, its exactly what im saying. all i know is that when Mission used to advertise in ice is was classy and traditional, now it looks like they're making it too warriorish. And who knows if this aint a repainted stick?

Study Mission History and I think you may rethink who is copying whose advertising...

i dont see anyone with camo or anyone going a different route but warrior. the 3 major companies, easton, thc, bauer arent doing this

Warrior is copying early Mission ad campaigns to a "T." My old shop was an original account when the 3 guys split from Bauer and started Mission and Bilt-Rite in 95 with roller hockey product. Of course, something from 10 years ago is ancient history here. The first Mission/Bilt-Rite catalogs were so off the wall that to think Warrior is doing the same thing as if its the first time is a joke.

I think it'd be cool to see an ad with a kid like Rhett Rhakshani who was in a Mission ad so long ago, now that he is moving on to D1 ice along with some of the other MUSTANGS back in the day...of course Justin I think it peaked with the "We squeezed out every last ounce" poster...

Warrior is copying early Mission ad campaigns to a "T." My old shop was an original account when the 3 guys split from Bauer and started Mission and Bilt-Rite in 95 with roller hockey product. Of course, something from 10 years ago is ancient history here. The first Mission/Bilt-Rite catalogs were so off the wall that to think Warrior is doing the same thing as if its the first time is a joke.

thats why im saying for roller hockey this is fine, which is how mission started am i right?

Yes, and Mission carried this ad theme/style/design into 2001 when they had been making ice product for 4, 5 years. When Mission introduced the original tapered shaft with the Ether short hozel replacement blade, the catalog for this product in 2001 was just like what Warrior is doing today. That would be 6 years after they started with roller. The original three guys knew they were headed for ice product sooner than later. They just seized the opportunity that existed in roller which had only Rollerblades as an industry leader. Rollerblades hockey skates were so poor but they were the only product available at the time. The catalogs with Flyweight ice hockey skates from around 1999 and 2000 were also similar to Warrior's present day Pimp style catalog. I'm not giving you a hard time just filling in the facts.

seems like there is a mission vs warrior theme building on this board.

does it really matter if a company copies the sucessful methods of another company? I'd call that smart business.

that stick is still butt ugly B)

seems like there is a mission vs warrior theme building on this board.

does it really matter if a company copies the sucessful methods of another company? I'd call that smart business.

that stick is still butt ugly B)

It doesn't matter to me but I don't think it is very original or "innovative" to copy another company's previous advertising, especially when it is in the same industry. If you saw the two catalogs side-by-side, Warrioer 2006-Mission 1999 or 2000, you would think the same advertising agency produced them. The only other thing that is funny to me is how many people think this Warrior Pimpin' advertising theme/style is original. Just my 2 cents........

I still can't get the Warrior rep to call me back anyway so I don't know what their distribution plan is in my territory............ Meanwhile Mission/Itech is aggressive enough to want your business and innovative enough to warrant it.

I just think those camo don't look cool...You never see NBA, MLB or NFL players wear any camos on them do you? I think pink is the limit, no more.

I have no problem with Warrior's marketing, but let's just say it is nothing new...

Why has warrior had success at the NHL? They have a good product with the innovative stick and can get NHL players sticks in 3-4 days...Service at the NHL trumps all...

personally i havent seen anyone wear camo hockey anything and its not like you'll see anyone wearing it in games because it doesnt match and will look stupid. i think mission's 10000 roller hockey pants are pretty cool because theyre a little out of the ordinary and not too crazy