Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gman

chosing a helmet

I know this has been discussed adnauseum. In fact I remember reading a bunch of posts pertaining to this subject but I cannot narrow it down with the search function. I am looking for a helmet that is light and as cool as possible but it must have a cage. I'll be playing outdoors in the summer southern california heat (100+ degrees).. If someone can direct me to the appropriate topic this can be closed. I also remember reading that certain helmets have been having touble with durability and design flaws, but I cannot remember which ones specifically.

Sorry for trying your patience....

light and breezy would be either a rbk 8k or a mission intake depending on what fits you better.

go to a store and try it on. thats how you will be able to tell.

light and breezy would be either a rbk 8k or a mission intake depending on what fits you better.

They can both be fitted with cages right? I know that they do not seem to come with cages off the shelf. I had also hoped to avoid spending that serious coin... But it is what it is I guess...

EDIT: I just looked at pictures of them and they have the screws for the cage in place already, I'll just have to buy a generic cage. (Maybe the titanium ;) ) Anyone have any trouble with either of these two helmets yet? I know the intake has just barely been out there.

The Intake works great, I have one, I cant complain.

On another note, did you just say you didnt want to spend the coin on a nice helmet, but then mentioned the titanium cage?...which cost more than either helmet.....dont skimp when it comes to your brain.

Zach

On another note, did you just say you didnt want to spend the coin on a nice helmet, but then mentioned the titanium cage?...which cost more than either helmet.....dont skimp when it comes to your brain.

Zach

That is what the wink smilie was about..... I was being fecetious.

They can both be fitted with cages right? I know that they do not seem to come with cages off the shelf. I had also hoped to avoid spending that serious coin... But it is what it is I guess...

EDIT: I just looked at pictures of them and they have the screws for the cage in place already, I'll just have to buy a generic cage. (Maybe the titanium ;) ) Anyone have any trouble with either of these two helmets yet? I know the intake has just barely been out there.

I'm not sure if this is the case with all the Intakes, but my Intake did not come with snaps on the sides to attach the straps for my cage, there were screws there instead. I wasn't that big a deal for me since I just took some off my old helmet, but you may want to make sure you have some or can get some. Other then that, I have been very pleased with my Intake.

I personally like how it looks...but ventilation and weight wise you can't beat it. Very light and has the most vents out of all other helmets I've seen. There were questions with duability...but I really don't see why it's a prob.

Just bought an Intake today and loving it after hitting a S&P this eve. Very comfortable.

Do you have a cage? If so, which one and was it an issue to fit it? It sounds like mounting hardware comes with the cages.

Any thoughts of the Reebok vs. the Intake specifically? Assume the fit is the same on both.

ID go with the intake, but i know nothing about either. In regards to the Jofa 690, i found the the screws on the front tend to jam and then the plastic that holds them breaks and then they're useless.

Just bought an Intake today and loving it after hitting a S&P this eve. Very comfortable.

Do you have a cage? If so, which one and was it an issue to fit it? It sounds like mounting hardware comes with the cages.

Yes, I use a cage. Upgraded from Bauer 4000 and just took the cage off it and mounted it on the Intake. It fits perfectly. Took the mounting hardware off the Bauer and used it on the Intake and it looks fine.