Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nomorals

Elbow pads

I play defense and have gone to a new league where people think it's fun to slash and crosscheck defenseman in the arms when they clear them out of the net. I've never really had to deal with this in the past so I was looking for some suggestions on what elbow pads give the most protection on the forearms and biceps to a lesser extent. I've got some Jofa's atm, can't remember which ones, but they do have a somewhat padded portion that wraps around the forearm and biceps but it doesn't help much. They've only got a tight strap on the forearm and a pretty lose one up on the bicep so they slide a lot and am planning on replacing them anyway.

Any Suggestions?

I'd look into the Jofa 9177's. I tried some on a couple of weeks back and they're tanks. Not the most comfortable elbow pad on the market but they're longer to cover the wrist and very heavy duty.

Don't worry about getting the most armoured pair of elbow pads as once you get used to them they are fantastic. I bought a pair of closeout Mission Warp Sub Zero's and aside from the poor manufacturing, they fit and feel fantastic, hard to get used to as I had K mart elbow guards before that. After a few weeks you wonder what you did with out them....I've had them 9 months and not a single hack or tap has gone through.