Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tyler0630

Junior C or college Club

Jr C may be brutal but if you play in the league and have a great year, with the coach being a former NAHL coach, who knows, maybe next year you could play in the NAHL or USHL. After that, possibly a scholarship or a chance to walk on somewhere. Don't worry about your age. Most D1 players have played a year, sometimes two in juniors after high school. Like what Willy said above, you can always play club hockey, down the line. This is a great opportunity for you. I say go for it.

Going from Jr. C to the NAHL/USHL? Are you kidding me?

NHL 1st rounders play in the USHL. Jungle C..well..

Me and all my friends played Junior C at 14, not to mention almost all US tier 1 midget and even some tier 2 teams will roast any JR C squad out there.

Well this coach sounds like he might be more interested in developing guys than other Junior B coaches. And even if you're not headed to D1 hockey or NHL, then a year to play some Junior C hockey would be "fun" but I know you're not asking what would be most "fun" but what would be "best"

Ask the coach. The guys on here telling you to go play college club probably don't realize that 1. college club will probably start eating away at your NCAA eligibility, just cause you're enrolled at a school that probably has NCAA bowling or gymnatics or cross country or something. and 2. you can play college club at ANY age. Even if you're a grad student (like me) and have used up your eligibility (I was doing NCAA sports at the age of 17).

Playing low-level Juniors won't ruin your ability to play in College one day. And if you "miss the boat" cause you're not playing in the right junior league, you can always go to college at age 20 (I started college at age 17, and trust me, there are a million reasons to start when you are a lot older) or even 25, and you can always play college club, even after you graduate and are taking Master of Arts/Grad Studies/Research Grant stuff/Whatever.

Point is, you're not going to screw up your college career (unless you have some CRAZY CRAZY full-blown academic scholarships that are going to melt away) by playing Junior. And most kids your age take themselves too seriously anyways. Sometimes taking a year off to travel Europe (the best time of my life BTW) or play bush-league Juniors (one thing I didn't do but wished I had) will be an experience you probably won't regret.

thanks alot for the input

btw: i now know how garbage Junior C is....

and i know what you guys are saying like "i was 14 playing that"

i just never wanted to do the junior thing when i was younger ( i was invite to a tryout camp for jr. little caps when i was 15, and when they picked me, i just didn't sign because i wasn't sure if i would get alot of playing time, and because i didn't want to move to Maryland.)

... and i also liked dominating the local travel league(cbhl)....haha, and i just wanted to stay home with all my school friends and get S**t-face drunk on friday nights and staurday nights (when i had home games).

I just posted this because i think this is a good deal being surround by ex-nhl and ahl'ers and a coach with is really good resume to learn from.

But im thinking im just going to play club for ODU (which basically sucks) next year an do adult league (its a pretty competitive one here)

with all of what you guys are saying, even if i do get a into a D-III or dI program and they pay for school and stuff, it will probably take 3-4 years to work up to that and move around to different cities to move up in the jr hockey world, and i just dont think ill have the patience( not saying i dont love hockey, i do!) but whatever.

does anyone on this board play for any Club teams in the VA, MD area that play in the BRHC?

i realize that how spicy jungle c is..is apparent to you, but take a look at this:

http://insidecollegehockey.com/7Archives/N...cruits_wcha.htm

those are the recruits for the next couple years of WCHA puck. think of how many guys play junior a..in Canada/the States. then all the guys playing jungle b. No one playing junior b is going D-1. Most guys playing Junior A aren't either..and it puts in perspective how selective teams really are..

its no fun realizing things like these, but you have to be realistic at some point

i realize that how spicy jungle c is..is apparent to you, but take a look at this:

those are the recruits for the next couple years of WCHA puck. think of how many guys play junior a..in Canada/the States. then all the guys playing jungle b. No one playing junior b is going D-1. Most guys playing Junior A aren't either..and it puts in perspective how selective teams really are..

its no fun realizing things like these, but you have to be realistic at some point

that's just the WCHA. which is a small sample of schools. a lot of D-1 schools do just recruit junior A and tier 1 guys, I won't argue that.. but I mean Div III isn't that bad, though there aren't athletic scholarships, but they do try to help you out with loans and grants.

But ultimately, the decision is up to the original poster.. do whatever you feel is right and youre most comfortable with.

simply put if i had to play jr.c id quit hockey

if you had a chance to play competitive full contact hockey for one extra year you wouldn't take it? I wish I was good enough to say that....

if you had a chance to play competitive full contact hockey for one extra year you wouldn't take it? I wish I was good enough to say that....

mens league is more competitive than jr.c

mens league is more competitive than jr.c

A lot of mens' leagues are also non-contact..

If your good enough to play D3, than you should have at least junior B teams asking you to play, or prep schools wanting you to come there and do a post grad year. I'm going into my freshmen year of college in the fall and i'm going to be playing club hockey, only because i'm a under achiever and never wanted to play juniors and just wanted to play high school hockey and my parents weren't forking up money for me to go post grad, so i'm just going to go play club, let my body develop for a year, put up some good numbers in club, and talk to coaches and hopefully walk on at a Division 3 school, If you could play Jr. B, or Jr. A this year then go for it, if not give up the dream and get a education and begin life after hockey.

Hey yglod, would Junior C in the states be like Superior International Junior Hockey League? Or even lower?

Cause maybe I was misunderstanding the level of hockey here, I dunno the website looks pretty flashy. :unsure:

Just a question, how does Div II fit into the level of skill you guys are talking about?

I know a couple of guys playing for Davenport who basically played AA midget and local high school hockey. I mean, they are good players, but not fantastic. I also know a few guys who played Senior A which sounds like a much higher level of hockey. I'm just curious how those two leagues would compare to the Jr.C and Jr.B that you guys are talking about.

Hey yglod, would Junior C in the states be like Superior International Junior Hockey League? Or even lower?

Cause maybe I was misunderstanding the level of hockey here, I dunno the website looks pretty flashy. :unsure:

lower i think

There is no DII hockey here in the states. It's either DI with schollies or DIII and pay your own way (with a little help from the school).

K If I had the chance to do it over again, I would play SIJHL for 3 years before doing ANY college. That' just my opinion. yglod says that would be a waste of time, and he compares SIJHL with Junior C in the states. But I would do it just for all the fun you could have. The guys on the Ice Dogs are really nice guys, the program really matures you as a person.

Plus the fact that guys in the SIJHL transfer out to other Junior hockey in Canada all the time, BCHL and so forth. If you play average or better than average in the SIJHL, you might get a trip to other Junior leagues around Canada. That would just be an awesome thing at the age of 18, making a "living" playing hockey, living in different cultures/places around Canada and maybe even the US, and then go to college with some life experience/job contacts/maybe a little cash under your belt. Maybe you might even get into Div III. yglod thinks that's unlikely, but what the, you never know if you don't go.

K If I had the chance to do it over again, I would play SIJHL for 3 years before doing ANY college. That' just my opinion. yglod says that would be a waste of time, and he compares SIJHL with Junior C in the states. But I would do it just for all the fun you could have. The guys on the Ice Dogs are really nice guys, the program really matures you as a person.

Plus the fact that guys in the SIJHL transfer out to other Junior hockey in Canada all the time, BCHL and so forth. If you play average or better than average in the SIJHL, you might get a trip to other Junior leagues around Canada. That would just be an awesome thing at the age of 18, making a "living" playing hockey, living in different cultures/places around Canada and maybe even the US, and then go to college with some life experience/job contacts/maybe a little cash under your belt. Maybe you might even get into Div III. yglod thinks that's unlikely, but what the, you never know if you don't go.

my bad SIJHL is jr.A not jr.C, there are some good guys in the SI, jr.c is ankle benders and ccm one piece helmet users

yglod: see ya maybe ... I'm not thinking the right level of "low"

Hey tyler, take everything I said with a grain of thought, I thought the level of play was more akin to Junior A bush league in Canada. Which ... maybe is not the case.

Just so I'm clear here though... the team was going to pay for ice time, travel expenses and EVERYTHING? Exposure, a nice website, practice in the afternoon ($$$$$$) and everything else?? For a bunch of anklebenders? yglod are you sure?

The thing is whether you play junior A or C, if you got talent, they'll see you. Damn, my brother was playing Midget B 2 years ago, and this year he was the best rookie in junior A. I don't know what is junior C but I'd say only Tyler know what he has to do. And Junior A is a good level but I don't it is that great, they were guys in the league that were looking more like beer leaguers than anything.

kovy thats because you playin quebec, go to alberta or BC and it's unreal hockey.

Gavin, although the SI is somewhat bush, they send some players places, i'd say it's almost as good as the NO. And jr.c is the most bush league known to man, and yes they are either ankle benders or 13 years old

kovy thats because you playin quebec, go to alberta or BC and it's unreal hockey.

Gavin, although the SI is somewhat bush, they send some players places, i'd say it's almost as good as the NO. And jr.c is the most bush league known to man, and yes they are either ankle benders or 13 years old

Yeah, around here there are a couple teams that take 14-15 year old goalies out of deperation.