Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hillie22

custom skates....

I'm getting new skates soon, but I have a few problems. Right now I'm wearing vapor XX's, in a D width. I know in the future to get E's, because I had to get them punched out to fit my foot after awhile. my other problem is with their tongues. I've heard you can put like a graf tongue in a Bauer skate, but unfortunately I dont have any graf tongues lying around. is there anyway to get a basic tongue like that with white felt already on the aktes....from bauer? has anybody here done this? if you've put a different tongue in...whered you get the tongue? thanks in advance.

At the very least shops like Goalie Heaven that do repairs should be able to get a new tongue for you.

Yes, yes, and yes. White felt tongues (thicker), extra padding, different outsole, special widths, special heel sizing, customized stiffness, anything can be done to the Vapor XXs for a $75 up-charge. I know this for a fact. Call a major retailer. i.e. Peranis or Cyclone Taylor. They will be the most helpful.

How would you attatch a new tounge to a skate? Is it a perfessional ting only?

yes

I know Buzz got the thick Graf tongues on his CCM 1052's. Maybe you could find someone around you that can do that.

I remember hearing a good shoe repair place could do it fairly easily, wouldn't hurt to pop down or call and ask an employee.