Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

#28tz

Going from 7500 to 9500

I just bought a pair of mission 9500 skates online to replace my 7500. I ordered them in the same size as my 7500 and i was wondering will baking them be necessary because the fit of the two pairs of skates should be the same just one of them being stiffer? I can bake them if i really have to but being in the UK i'll have to travel a fair distance :(

each person is going to have different experiences with baking. This is a big topic but its personsal preference. I personally dont bake my skates because i feel it makes the boot weaker and not last as long. The 9500s/7500s are stiff and may cause some pain if your breaking them in without baking them. They didnt cause any blisters for me and i wear ankle socks when i play.

hey 28tz - thats odd, Im doing this too. Did your 7500's just completly break apart like mine did? My 7500's chasis came off and the bottom of the boot chiped away pretty quick.

Anyways, Ive heard that the 9500's are really stifff, or alot stiffer then the 7500's. People said that we should defidently bake them before skating in them.

hey 28tz - thats odd, Im doing this too. Did your 7500's just completly break apart like mine did? My 7500's chasis came off and the bottom of the boot chiped away pretty quick.

Anyways, Ive heard that the 9500's are really stifff, or alot stiffer then the 7500's. People said that we should defidently bake them before skating in them.

Yep my 7500 fell apart, the chassis snapped and some parts of the boot ripped :(

Im just wondering as ive been skating in the 7500 for a while it might be easier for me to break in the 9500 unlike someone who hasn't been skating on the new '06 line because ill be quite used to the fit and pitch of the boot etc?

i bought my son the 9500s,they are stiffer than the old d3s,we baked them once just to get that mold fit ,if he can get two or three years with these skates that will be fine by then a better skate will come along.

Yep my 7500 fell apart, the chassis snapped and some parts of the boot ripped :(

Im just wondering as ive been skating in the 7500 for a while it might be easier for me to break in the 9500 unlike someone who hasn't been skating on the new '06 line because ill be quite used to the fit and pitch of the boot etc?

Isnt there some way we can get a refund. Its a defualt of the skate IMO. It was horrible durability. Let me know if you get any type of refund. Thanks.

Isnt there some way we can get a refund. Its a defualt of the skate IMO. It was horrible durability. Let me know if you get any type of refund. Thanks.

Why dont you contact Justin at Mission or on the board here...I had some issues early on with my 7500 boot and sent him some pics, he helped me out....give him a shout...

Why dont you contact Justin at Mission or on the board here...I had some issues early on with my 7500 boot and sent him some pics, he helped me out....give him a shout...

Hey thanks! but do you have any more details? :P I dont think customer service would know who Im talking about if I called and asked for Justin...or would they?

Hey thanks! but do you have any more details? :P I dont think customer service would know who Im talking about if I called and asked for Justin...or would they?

Third post down....contact him....Thats Justim from Mission he checks this board alot, and he should be able to help you out...

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/index.php?showtopic=17913

Mission is sorta hard to get a hold of IMO

You must not be contacting the right people....I have never had a problem getting in touch with someone there...They have always been helpful with me...

Mission is amazingly easy to get a hold of. With such a big company you would think the total opposite. Either in a couple of days you probably will get a post back from justin. If not im sure if you did call customer service they can help you out. Even if you did ask for justin in customer service.. im sure theyd know exactly who your looking for

Contact our customer service and they will replace them...We have had less than 1% return on our skates this year. It sounds to me like there are some other issues, but we will definitely warranty them.

I don't have CS # right now, as I am in Spain..