Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

youngblood19

CCM V.10 skates

I recently got the new vector skates and love the boot, but i hate the blade ad the blade holder on them, they seem somewhat clicky. I had Vapor xxx before these and i loved the Lightspeed 2. I was wondering if it is a good idea to put the Tuuk Lightspeed 2 on these skates or not?

Tighten the blades and inspect for loose rivets. The Eblade has good steel and is a good chassis, no reason to throw it out. If you want, get the tuuk radius/rocker on the eblade and be happy.

Zach

Just get a custom radius at a good radius shop. They can shorten the CCM radius to feel like your old Bauers. Also, it is likely your initial sharpening was not done correctly. Sometimes jjust having them sharpened again, correctly, will make a big difference.

I recently got the new vector skates and love the boot, but i hate the blade ad the blade holder on them, they seem somewhat clicky. I had Vapor xxx before these and i loved the Lightspeed 2. I was wondering if it is a good idea to put the Tuuk Lightspeed 2 on these skates or not?

I actually had the same problem as you only that i switched to the 9k's. I had the pro-e holders removed and had tuuk lightspeed 2's installed on them and couldnt be happier.

Edit: If you do decide to go this route just make sure you know that the guy doing this job will do it right and knows what he is doing. I had a very knowledgeable hockey store owner drill the holes and put the holders on.

As in another post the new E-blade is actually leaning reverse by a 32nd of an inch. That being said they will feel more like a tuuk than a light speed. By profiling the skate and taking off that extra steel on the front part of the blade and making them even fron to rear it will feel like the lightspeed.

NEVER round off the heel and toe to get your ROCKER as some people call it. always profile the skates and that means in general putting the correct amount of blade in the part of the blade you would skte best either the middle or a little ahead of the middle of the blade~.

I actually had the same problem as you only that i switched to the 9k's. I had the pro-e holders removed and had tuuk lightspeed 2's installed on them and couldnt be happier.

Edit: If you do decide to go this route just make sure you know that the guy doing this job will do it right and knows what he is doing. I had a very knowledgeable hockey store owner drill the holes and put the holders on.

So many waste there money before even attempting to just have the CCM radius reduced. A good radius guy can make any skate feel the same as another brand. Such a waste of money to change holders and steel when the radius option is available, plus you don't have future problems with holder and rivets.

I had a long time Bauer guy/teammate of mine buy a pair of 8k skates just last week. After I radiused them, he skated a few times and said he could not tell the difference between them and his old 5000's. Point is, you should at least try a custom radius before you go messing with a skate and changing holders. Trust me, I would make way more money selling you new holders, steel and installation than I would doing a custom radius, but that's not the right thing to do.

I've skated all my life with Bauer skates and just got RBK 9K's. The problem with the holder is 110% between your two ears héhé. Like mentioned, any good sharpener can modify the radius to make them feel comfortable for you. The steel is very good and you just have to tighten them if they're loose. The hole holder changing trand is just getting annoying IMO. Waste of time and money.

So many waste there money before even attempting to just have the CCM radius reduced. A good radius guy can make any skate feel the same as another brand. Such a waste of money to change holders and steel when the radius option is available, plus you don't have future problems with holder and rivets.

I had a long time Bauer guy/teammate of mine buy a pair of 8k skates just last week. After I radiused them, he skated a few times and said he could not tell the difference between them and his old 5000's. Point is, you should at least try a custom radius before you go messing with a skate and changing holders. Trust me, I would make way more money selling you new holders, steel and installation than I would doing a custom radius, but that's not the right thing to do.

Jimmy's got a good point, i would go that route first. Even though i did go that route first, i still found that i liked the lightspeeds better. I am very picky when switching skates with different holders, and have been skating in lightspeeds for quite some time now and i found i could tell the difference between the actual holders not the steel.

I have the vectoe 10.0s too used to hate the holder but after a month, I'm in love baby !!! The holder is quality I'm wondering why people won't give it a chance.

(PS: DO NOT CHANGE THE HOLDER !!!!!!!!)

Stop this TUUK worshiping fad.

lol idk if your being sarcastic or not but its not a fad in most cases. Ik some people might get a little annoyed after seeing people switching the holders just so there skates can look cool and more flashy and so they are unique and stand out, but thats certainly not why i switched the holders. And i think in most cases it isnt a fad its just what works for the skater. Another thing if you take a look at the pro's holders they dont always use the stock holders and get a custom radius for them they just switch the holder. IMO they switch the holders to what they like and what they are used to. Also i dont think its a fad for them (as they depend on what they use to help keep their job) or for a skater who isnt in the pro's, its just what they are used to.

It's not a fad. People actually like the features of the holder. Sure try doing some work on the E Blades before dishing on the cash for LS2s. I put LS2s on my 1500s and love them. I'm not sure but do the new Vectors already have holes cut in the bottom of the boot for access to Tuuk holders? If not you should probably rig something so you can access the tightening screw on the Tuuks if you happen to get them.

Im not sure on the Vectors but on the 9k's they dont. The guy that drilled the holes for the Tuuks on my skates also installed a hole to access the screw and then also put a plug in. So if you go the Tuuk route just make sure that the person doing the skates does that.

lol idk if your being sarcastic or not but its not a fad in most cases. Ik some people might get a little annoyed after seeing people switching the holders just so there skates can look cool and more flashy and so they are unique and stand out, but thats certainly not why i switched the holders. And i think in most cases it isnt a fad its just what works for the skater. Another thing if you take a look at the pro's holders they dont always use the stock holders and get a custom radius for them they just switch the holder. IMO they switch the holders to what they like and what they are used to. Also i dont think its a fad for them (as they depend on what they use to help keep their job) or for a skater who isnt in the pro's, its just what they are used to.

I used tuuks before going to e blades but hell no way I'm going to change the holder, thought about it but told myself, get used to it !!!!!!! it wont hurt you to an extent that destroys you as a player !!! as for the guy who switched from easton holder to tuuks, I heard the both felt almost the same and no, easton holders dont suck. As for the person who mentioned people liking the features of tuuks, hey cmon they are the hardest to switch runners, what features are you talking about? the LOOKS I believe.....

I used tuuks before going to e blades but hell no way I'm going to change the holder, thought about it but told myself, get used to it !!!!!!! it wont hurt you to an extent that destroys you as a player !!! as for the guy who switched from easton holder to tuuks, I heard the both felt almost the same and no, easton holders dont suck. As for the person who mentioned people liking the features of tuuks, hey cmon they are the hardest to switch runners, what features are you talking about? the LOOKS I believe.....

Did you pretty much miss the entire part where i said that most people dont change them for the looks?...maybe because your experience was good doesnt mean other people will like the transition. Also the "features" i am talking about arent the features like you have a screw on the outside of the holder to take the blade off, im talking about the features when you skate. There going to feel different and to me the holder doesnt feel as awkward as skating on the pro-e's. I'm not bashing the holder im just saying it doesnt work for me. And for Edge maybe the Razor Bladz II didnt feel right to him and i remember reading that he had been on tuuks with his previous skates, so he most likely had gotten used to the feel of them. Like i'll say again i dont think that you should go off on people who change their holders because YOU had a good experience. YOU are not everyone else.

The Tuuks and Razor Bladz feel completely different. I don't believe anyone said Easton holders suck...I just prefer the feel of the Tuuk holder on the ice over it. I believe he is talking about the profile of the holder when he says "features"...oh wow you have to take out the insole to change the steel! Oh how terrible! :rolleyes: You say you heard they feel the same...don't claim something unless you have used both.