Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gman

new section for video critiques/more videos

Two recent threads by LoXish and Domileaf have kind of got me wondering. Do you think there would be benefit of another section on the board for video critiques? If not, posting them in general hockey works too. Also, would you all have the patience to critique more videos of more member's techniques? It seems like alot of feedback has been generated by the above mentioned threads, and learning is occuring.

I know I learn best from seeing things happen, and having someone give direct feedback to my technique always really helps even more. Any opinions?

I was wondering the same thing, but I didn't want to be that "annoying new member" that brings all these objectionable ideas to the forefront, I thought long and hard on whether or not to even post the thread that I did.

I was wondering the same thing, but I didn't want to be that "annoying new member" that brings all these objectionable ideas to the forefront, I thought long and hard on whether or not to even post the thread that I did.

I guess I'll be the annoying "pretty-new-but-not-quite-totally-new" member. :D

I have no problem helping guys out like that. I don't find it annoying at all.Maybe not an entire section is needed, but possibly just a single thread. I mean we have just regular threads for photos and stuff, just maybe a videos of yourself thread rather than an entire new section?

I have no problem helping guys out like that. I don't find it annoying at all.Maybe not an entire section is needed, but possibly just a single thread. I mean we have just regular threads for photos and stuff, just maybe a videos of yourself thread rather than an entire new section?

yea i wouldnt mind a thread like that...

Whata great idea. A continually evolving single thread like the "good deal", "ebay", and "new gear" threads. That does make more sense than a whole new section.

I like the new thread idea because if you don't have the time/patience/desire/knowledge to review a video, you don't have to sort through it. Also, if it is just one post that continues, it may be difficult to determine who the advice was directed towards. What if you have two back-to-back slap shot videos?

I guess I don't see the harm in adding new sections/threads.

I really like the idea of being able to post things for feedback. You can learn from the feedback of a video you submitted...OR just by reading the feedback on someone else's video.

Furthermore, not to sound mean, but as a coach, some of these videos are great to use as examples for my players as how "NOT" to do something. Which is still benefitting the overal goal...to get better based on videos. Right?

Whata great idea. A continually evolving single thread like the "good deal", "ebay", and "new gear" threads. That does make more sense than a whole new section.

Nice idea

Is this the thread it would be in?

Maybe if it got popular a mod could make it a sticky! ;)

Pretty decent idea but I would imagine a single thread would get too convoluted after a while and no one would know who was talking about what.

A small video section would be great for people to post videos of themselves playing, videos of hockey related topics that people thought were cool, and videos for analysis and comments on form.

do you guys know how i could host a video from my Verizon cell phone onto the computer? I cant figure out that whole pix place thing....

hey i'm glad to hear you guys don't mind. i don't want to annoy you fellas. this is a great idea!

Hey no mods have commented on it yet they're the big boys around here! ;)

well i guess i will post some vids here instead of making a new thread...

Slappers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-o_rgYCCfU

Wristers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRImwlGJNdc

Stickhandling 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-E9aZ9AUgY

Stickhandling 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMd-X2_Xyoc

Why am I wearing pants in 110 degree weather?

;) just got back from the rink...and i know someone will ask what I'm shooting off of...it's a piece of synthetic ice... www.ozzieice.com

I would be happy helping people that want to ask questions and want help in finding out correct or different ways of playing the game we love.

Its the guys that have excuses and come up with bs stories about themselves that get to me. WHO CARES if you cant play very well, we all have to start out at some point but dont make up lies and say things *COUGHdomiCOUGH*.

GOOD IDEA

:D

Keep your head up when you stickhandle ;)

Although you probably don't do that in games.

:lol: no of course not...not like i got hit through the glass looking down at the puck or nothing. :unsure:

1 question, why are your videos rotated 90 degrees Edge and Ebondo?

I dont have anyone here to hold the cell phone to record on and and it doesnt sit upright, so I had to sit it on it's side.

1 question, why are your videos rotated 90 degrees Edge and Ebondo?

they turned their cell phones/cameras on the side to get the picture taller, then they prolly didn't have an editor to rotate the movies.

try windows movie maker guys.