Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vapor

What would you have done

I'm never messing With Grinder...

But yeah I think biting is totally fine in that case, normally i would say, I hate people who bite and what not, but if its first instinct of self defence, go for it. What else could you have done? just turtled, but then theres no fight... B)

grabbing his shoulder won't help you need to grab around his elbow so he can't wind up his punches. i learned that the hard way (first season) so yeah.

oh and yeah if your gonna fight a dude with a cage, keep one glove (left) on until you get his cage off. you can grab his right elbow with your right while you get his cage off then it's on.

but i would've bit him too. don't mess with my eyes. look at it this way: would he have bitten you if you gouged his eyes?? probably so.

Call me a whimp but I play every game like my kids are watching. I'd have yelled for the jacka$$ to get off and waited for the refs. If I got called then maybe I"d put an illegal hard check on the guy later in the game. In my local league you'd probably gotten a 4 game or possibly the rest of the season for that. Suckered into a fight like that is not worth me loosing the $$ I paid for the league fees for 30 seconds of fighting.

I say...we are all gentlemen/sportsman...no cheap stuff. But once you make a move outside of those lines, its on. I am not a cheap player, but I had a similar experience, except it was during play. A guy speared me in the balls (on purpose). I dropped to my knees...of course...but as he skated a way, I broke a Synergy over the back his leg. Not proud, but certainly a cheap shot I never would have even thought about had he not provoked it. Once we could both walk again, it was total bush league the rest of the game between us. Every time he got near the puck I railed him. This continued until we were both ejected.

Slash, hook me, check me, its all part of the game. I may get you back, but "within the rules" of the game. You go after the eyes, spine, balls, etc...its on like Donkey Kong!

This all started because you didn't keep your feet and decided to be a punk and purposely land on the goalie.  Point 1 against. 

Then, instead of just grabbing the guys shoulder so he couldn't put his hand in your face, you bite him.  Point 2 against.

whoa whoa... Its not like i fell on the goalie, i was pushed, I might have been able to stand but the kid is pushing me into the goalie, why should I. What is grabbing his shoulder going to about hsi hand on my face?

Ummmmm.......that keeps his hand out of your face. Seriously, if you don't know what you're doing you shouldn't be fighting.

And yes, you avoid goalies as much as humanly possible.

I will let you from my point of view i agree with Vapor. When i stand infront on the net, and a guy pushes me in direction of the goalie, i'm no questions asked going to go on to the goalie and make it hurt. You may think it may be dirty? or uncalled for. If he wants to play smart he wouldn't push me in any direction of the goalie.

That's just the kind of punk maneuver that starts problems. As a guy who has reffed adult leagues as well as playing in them, I can tell you that we refs frown upon that kind of crap and usually allow a free shot for the troubles it brings into the game. Remember kids, its adult league, we all have to work in the morning.

how would grabbing his shoulder have any effect on his hand being in my face?

If you've got your hand on the front of his shoulder then he can't get to your face unless he's quite a bit bigger than you.

Having a couple pops after the game with the guys is one of the best parts of adult league. Nothing wrong with having a couple sodas as long as you toss the empties in the barrel and don't get wrecked for the ride home.

I was playing in a typical adult leauge game. It is a good competition leauge, best around here (not that that is saying much). So anywyas, there is a scrum in front, and I get pushed onto the goalie (I could have stood my ground, but why should I have) and I fall right onto him. The guy who pushed me onto him goes oh fuck nooo. He was about my age, and also a skilled player. He starts pushing down on my helmet and roughing me up. So I turn around and grab his cage trying to rip his helmet off. By this time we both get up and I get his jersey over his head and im giving him some punches, a typical scrum. He proceeds to take his thumb and index finger and attempt to gouge my eyes out. He has his palm in my face... so what do I do... uhhhh I bite his hand. In heindsight, its a dirty move, but he had his fingers in my eyes, and damn, that hurt. All I saw was Tyson biting hollyfields ear off when I was doing it. We both recieved match penalties for the scrum.

:blink:

Hey Kids dont read this-This is not how to play the game

A fisticuff is one thing-even up and square off and be done with it! If you dont know how to square it off maybe you shouldnt let your actions write a check your ass cant cash!!

On the other side o' the coin-If somebody is coming at you with clear intent to injure-Then its on like Donkey Kong!! Somebody goes after my eyes I dont care-its for blood then.

Pretty chicken shit to attempt a tactic like that in any game.

Now if you are in a brawl in a bar for possibly your LIFE then ANYTHING GOES......

Remember his number though................................

That's just the kind of punk maneuver that starts problems.  As a guy who has reffed adult leagues as well as playing in them, I can tell you that we refs frown upon that kind of crap and usually allow a free shot for the troubles it brings into the game.  Remember kids, its adult league, we all have to work in the morning.

I couldn't agree more. It's a bullshit thing to do and chances are they're going to get a free shot (or three) at you if I'm the ref.

some guy was on top of me punching me in the face (i had a cage) but because he was sat on my stomach there was no way of gettin out so i put my hand over my head to block. this is when he drops a glove off, and starts gouging my eyes.

Like you, it hurt like hell, and the refs were jsut watching. Luckily i managed to get a good punch on his nose which shook him up a bit, otherwise i was screwed. I say If hes trying to gouge your eyes, he got off lightly with a bite, You could have ended up blind.

Also.... did/does it ache real bad for a few days after? mine did for about 4 days.

I usually believe throwing punches in an adult league is about as lame as you can get (no one from the NHL is scouting our games guys!) but if someone is trying to do permanent damage, you have to protect yourself.