Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cobrAA

ipod warrenty feedback...buyer beware

Yea well, for all you ipod fans who would like to get one,here something for you that could make you thinks twice before buying this cheap plastic shit at 400$.

Here the background. 16yr old who worked out at a grocery to buy his first ipod photo 20gig.So he did take care of his ipod for sure.

I used my ipod for 11 month. but the headphone jack started to fuck up(i was earring from only one ear,sound was very low) So i had to play back and forth with my earphone cords so the sound get back working 100%. pretty annoying problem when you go to the gym and stuff like this! and the cords keep moving.

Anyways, i send it back to APPLE, and paid the 50$ cnd shipping fees, 4 days ago, i checked my repair status to know that there were no trouble find and my original product was send back! I did said that sometimes the sound was good but you only need to hit the cords and the sound would went down!

So why would i send a 500cnd ipod after only 11 month of use and paid 50$ to get it shipped IF THERE NO PROBLEM!!!

That is outrageous, I think a lot of you future-buyer should think about this kind of feedback, and i'm not the only one, go to ilounge.com in the section forum/repair and stuff like this to know that LOT of people are getting problem with their IPOD..

Anyways, I'm DONE with Apple for my entire life.I'm going with an video olympus or a samsung(not sure if it samsung loll)

that sucks

to have a video break down on you like that, you sure its not your earphones? Try using different head/ear phones because I had the same problem with my earphones and jsut got some new ones and they work fine so it might actually not be your ipod at all

Yea well, for all you ipod fans who would like to get one,here something for you that could make you thinks twice before buying this cheap plastic shit at 400$.

Here the background. 16yr old who worked out at a grocery to buy his first ipod photo 20gig.So he did take care of his ipod for sure.

I used my ipod for 11 month. but the headphone jack started to fuck up(i was earring from only one ear,sound was very low) So i had to play back and forth with my earphone cords so the sound get back working 100%. pretty annoying problem when you go to the gym and stuff like this! and the cords keep moving.

Anyways, i send it back to APPLE, and paid the 50$ cnd shipping fees, 4 days ago, i checked my repair status to know that there were no trouble find and my original product was send back! I did said that sometimes the sound was good but you only need to hit the cords and the sound would went down!

So why would i send a 500cnd ipod after only 11 month of use and paid 50$ to get it shipped IF THERE NO PROBLEM!!!

That is outrageous, I think a lot of you future-buyer should think about this kind of feedback, and i'm not the only one, go to ilounge.com in the section forum/repair and stuff like this to know that LOT of people are getting problem with their IPOD..

Anyways, I'm DONE with Apple for my entire life.I'm going with an video olympus or a samsung(not sure if it samsung loll)

did you talk to somebody? If you warrenty is up, there is not much you can do, you should have purchused applecare. Talk to somebody at apple and see waht the reason is.

did you talk to somebody? If you warrenty is up, there is not much you can do, you should have purchused applecare. Talk to somebody at apple and see waht the reason is.

so i guess apple care really is worth the extra $60 or wahtever it is?

Dude...I *know* you just didn't badmouth anything Apple-related. Oh christ man...now Vapor's going to bust out the Burberry hammer to knock skulls.

I almost bought a Powerbook, and I would have probably been happy with it minus a few things that I simply wouldn't be able to do on it. Its just retarded that you pay hundreds and hundreds of dollars on Applecare, only to have them charge you close to $2500 to fix a $2000 laptop. Thats not right.

I get what you're saying and hear that sometimes with people who've had problems. Never bought it myself and never intend to. I would have to say that Dell actually beats them there in the plans you can purchase for replacement.

Well, i'm still on the 1 year warrenty, so no need for the applecare, AND i was planning to buy the applecare program as soon as i was getting my ipod repaired, but with such bad repair system they have, there is no way i will pay 100$ more to get my ipod protected...

I almost bought a Powerbook, and I would have probably been happy with it minus a few things that I simply wouldn't be able to do on it. Its just retarded that you pay hundreds and hundreds of dollars on Applecare, only to have them charge you close to $2500 to fix a $2000 laptop. Thats not right.

Who has been charged 2500 to repair a powerbook? My exeperiences with AppleCare have been great, they have replaced my notebooks and repaired my iMac for gratis many times.

I almost bought a Powerbook, and I would have probably been happy with it minus a few things that I simply wouldn't be able to do on it.  Its just retarded that you pay hundreds and hundreds of dollars on Applecare, only to have them charge you close to $2500 to fix a $2000 laptop.  Thats not right.

Who has been charged 2500 to repair a powerbook? My exeperiences with AppleCare have been great, they have replaced my notebooks and repaired my iMac for gratis many times.

did you ever deal with a ''no trouble found'' if yes, what did you do??

Also, on a side note. if you had numerous good feedback about applecare for repairing your notebook many times. Isn't therea problem?? Why would you have to repair a 2500$ notebook many times.... <_<

Most of them were my fault. Out of the 5 times I have dealt with AppleCare, 4 times were my fualt.

How bout you call them and ask them wtf is up. Make sure whoever filled out your service report put the correct information down.

I'm not sure if it helps any, but if your iPod is still under warranty, maybe it's worth trying to take it to an Apple Store (assuming there is one near you). Usually the Mac Geniuses have a better clue or a quick tip to get things working right.

Also, you mentioned you were having sound issues... if you did update your firmware, check to make sure the sound level wasn't set. In one of the more recent updates, Apple added a feature which allows people to control the maximum level of sound on their iPod. (Maybe your parents snuck in and changed it without you knowing?) It's possible the default is set very low.

Good luck!

Most of them were my fault. Out of the 5 times I have dealt with AppleCare, 4 times were my fualt.

How bout you call them and ask them wtf is up. Make sure whoever filled out your service report put the correct information down.

Hope your right, I will give a call, but today it canada-fest. so they are not suppose to work.

I almost bought a Powerbook, and I would have probably been happy with it minus a few things that I simply wouldn't be able to do on it.  Its just retarded that you pay hundreds and hundreds of dollars on Applecare, only to have them charge you close to $2500 to fix a $2000 laptop.  Thats not right.

My roommate.

The screen broke. I'm not too sure on the specifics of it, but I just can't comprehend how Applecare would charge someone $3500 to fix a $2000 laptop (they said they would pay for $1000 of it).

Im not saying I dont believe you (or him) but I have broken my screen before and it cost 300 dollars to repair (not under apple care). There is no conceievable way that it could cost anything over 1000 (with parts and labor). Are you sure he spoke to Apple and not an Apple authorized dealer? Are we talking USD? A 15" powerbook panel is not 3500 dollars.

He spoke with both Apple and the Apple dealer in town. Both quoted him the same price, $2500 USD. Trust me, I don't get it either.

Who knows. The whole situation was retarded, and I still feel that Apple was trying to charge him that much because people are willing to pay that just so they can have an Apple.

I dont think even the biggest apple adict (i am up there on the list) would even pay 1000 to fix a panel. there must have been something else wrong. It sounds like they had to repalce the entire unit and maybe do some data recorvery, but apple doesnt do data recovery... so hmmmm.

Got a small responce by apple by email.

1) They couldn't duplicate my issues(damn are there moron or what move from the back to forward the headphone connector and see the sound will fuck up)

2)It has been fixed with a update...Um Um..my problem is HARDware not SOFTware.

and the email finish by, if the problems persist please remake a request!! YEA SURE you are too stupid to get it fix for the first time you think i will waist my item again and my money...

Really, I'm boycotting Apple