Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shnuggs

Peca + Leafs?

He played like a second line center in the playoffs, if he signs for reasonable money and brings what the Oilers expected he would originally I wouldn't be against it.

It would make for an interesting locker-room, with peca and tucker there.

Peca swore revenge for the hip check back in 02 (still one of the best 7 game series I have ever watched, just fantastic).

Think they would all be ok in the room now?

I just read an article in the TO Star (?) about Peca wanting to come to the Leafs. Now I really don't want him, and it has nothing to do with the Tucker/Peca feud (although there would definitely be drama within the Leafs, whether it was real or made up by the media). Last year Peca had like nine goals and 20 points in 70ish games. Lindros is capable of so much more. The article keeps praising his defense. Great, he can play defense. We've already spent $17 million on defensemen, plus around another $2.2 million on defensive forwards (Antro and Kilger). We need to focus on scoring goals now. Last year we had a sick PP and were 9th I believe in goals for. However, that team had a much more solid offensive unit than the one we have now. This Peca rumor is stupid, there is no way that JFJ could be dumb enough to put all our other needs aside to sign somebody that unnecessary.

My latest guy is Geoff Sanderson. Has anybody heard anything about him? I'm thinking he could be real cheap. He has proven he can score, and he has great wheels. Him + Lindros + trading Tellqvist and a young D prospect for another wing= perfect.

Teams thinking he can center their second line when his maximum potential is a top notch checking line center? It's not like the Leafs have either role truly filled, Stajan can play whatever one Peca doesn't if he signs for reasonable money and the lines are somewhat balanced.

Leafs need wingers, not centers. The only way I like this trade is if Lindros doesn't resign..

It's not a trade - Peca is an unrestricted free agent.

Which I pointed out before, but people who don't pay attention to the Leafs just keep talking shit.

just like every leaf fan? :huh:

Whats that supposed to mean?

I try not to pay attention to the Leafs, but it's hard to avoid where I'm from. It's the same thing over and over again.

I love this time of the year tho. It's when the Leaf fans get all pumped about the season ahead and the great moves they made (haha). They've had that parade planned for over 30 years, but there is a very thin line between loyalty and stupidity.

I wonder if the fans will be upset when they miss the playoffs again, or they'll just expect it. Don't get me wrong, I love watching it, I want them to get Peca, and resign Lindros and Allison. Hell, why not get Dougie and Clark out of retirement! Leaf fans have no idea what a joke they are to non-Leaf fans.

Just as a side note. Isn't it funny that they keep the Stanley Cup just down the street from the ACC? So close, yet so far away!

Go Leafs Go!

What's funny is you have to spill all that hatred out on a message board.

Alot of your comments sound like you are bitter from the attention they get and only like to support winners.

it's not hatred, its a general observation and really just honesty.

I'm an Islanders fan, so don't pull the bandwagon card on me. I have however seen them win a cup in my lifetime. Can you say that?

I try not to pay attention to the Leafs, but it's hard to avoid where I'm from. It's the same thing over and over again.

I love this time of the year tho. It's when the Leaf fans get all pumped about the season ahead and the great moves they made (haha).  They've had that parade planned for over 30 years, but there is a very thin line between loyalty and stupidity. 

I wonder if the fans will be upset when they miss the playoffs again, or they'll just expect it. Don't get me wrong, I love watching it, I want them to get Peca, and resign Lindros and Allison. Hell, why not get Dougie and Clark out of retirement! Leaf fans have no idea what a joke they are to non-Leaf fans.

Just as a side note. Isn't it funny that they keep the Stanley Cup just down the street from the ACC? So close, yet so far away!

Go Leafs Go!

Heres what I don't get. I'm far removed from TO so I don't hear everything. Does it seem like the Leafs media is intense? Yes. Is that a bad thing? Absolutely not. Why shouldn't a city, its people, and its media get behind its team that has been there for almost a century? Why is having faith a bad thing? Do I think that JFJ and the Leafs organization have made flawless moves this offseason? Far from it. Do I support them? Fuck yes I do. If you will remember (but you probably won't because your head is so far up your ass), the Leafs were the only team in the Eastern Conference to make the playoffs every year from 98/99 to 03/04. So they had one bad year, is that really a terrible thing? The team last year showed a lot of heart at the end of the year, and if a few breaks would have gone their way throughout the season, maybe things would have been different. It doesn't matter. Leafs fans support the Leafs, whether they are good or bad. We have hope and we want what is best for the team. Why is that bad?

I'm just going to assume that you're a Sens fan, because you're acting like one. If you want my honest opinion, the Sens are much more of a joke than the Leafs. There is absolutely no reason why the Sens shouldn't have won the Cup within the past couple of seasons, given the lineups that they have had. Yet every year they choke in the playoffs. I'd much rather be a fan of the Leafs (who realstically haven't had a shot at winning the Cup since 01/02) than the fan of a perpetual disapointment, who in all respect, have no excuse for not winning the Cup.

I didn't scroll down and see that you said you are an Islanders fan. It doesn't matter, its all the same. Have fun with Poti.

Gill is slotted to be our 5th defenseman, possibly even 6th if White steps up big time. I'll take any combination of McCabe/Kaberle/Kubina/Cola/even Gill over Poti/Zhitnik any day, any situation. Wait, is that me being a baised, hope-filled Leafs fan, or is that just me being smart?