Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tryandstopme

Blast from the past

Was looking around on Ebay and saw this auction:

Rike Frame

The seller has the frame listed as a Nike frame, but its really a Rike frame. I used to play pickup from time to time with the guy that made these skates back in the mid nineties in North Carolina.

Anyone else remember those frames?

yep..and you could change the color of the heelplates etc as well...those are about 10 years old

man, I should get a set of these and a set of konkis and turn a few old pairs of skates into slick outdoor skates

The small holes in the chassis are for trying the it to your boot with a rope/or long laces.

Incase you don't have either at hand, use superglue?????? :lol:

Word, how do you even go about mounting this style of frame?

Line Chage Frame

I believe the chassis has mounting plates for the heel and forefoot that those frames essentially "clip" into with some sort of locking mechanism. This allows the frame to be removed and flipped so that you don't have to rotate the wheels, hence the Line Change moniker. I think the side holes are part of that lock mechanism but I've never actually seen it in person, just read about it.

Rike Frame

The seller has the frame listed as a Nike frame, but its really a Rike frame. I used to play pickup from time to time with the guy that made these skates back in the mid nineties in North Carolina.

is that a light frame?

Rike Frame

I remeber the frames....The guy that made them in NC lived in W-S where I lived....Where did you play pick up with him? I remeber everyone around here had a set of those frames of their skates...lightweight and tough but they were known for getting bent up, but you could just bang them back out and starightin them up.....

I remeber the frames....The guy that made them in NC lived in W-S where I lived....Where did you play pick up with him? I remeber everyone around here had a set of those frames of their skates...lightweight and tough but they were known for getting bent up, but you could just bang them back out and starightin them up.....

I don't remember which, but it had to be one of two places (both in Greensboro). The first was an outdoor rink run by a guy named Jamie that played for the Monarchs. The second was an indoor rink in an old warehouse that was run by Bill Horn that was a goalie for the Monarchs.

I always wanted to try one of Rike's frames but I was a poor college student and could never afford more than a pair of used Rollerblade Lightenings that I bought from a buddy.