Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KYHockey3

mlb allstar game

who will win?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

AL will win the game, I am a Jays fan so that is a somewhat biased prediction. Then again, they have a better team in all reasonable aspects.

Favourite Players: Jays, Pujols and that Canadian guy. Oh yeah, Jason Bay, I hear he is pretty good.

Who was robbed? Well, Liriano was robbed, but he's replacing Contreras, so I guess it's okay...tho, there is no way AJ Pierzynski should be there...

.326, 6HR and what, 30ish RBI are pretty friggin' pedestrian compared to 10-1, 1.83ERA and better than 9K/9 for a rookie, let alone anyone else...

Hafner definitely got robbed, Pronk is disgusting.

Carl Crawford should be there too.

Favourites:

NL - Pujols, Howard, Bay, Reyes, Wright

AL - All the Jays, esp. Rios, Mauer, Santana, Liriano, Kazmir, Sizemore

And just b/c, if Reed Johnson and Frank Catalanotto were everyday players, they'd deserve to be there too...

EDIT: I'd also put Justin Verlander on the AL squad, but I guess you can't have everyone...otherwise, Pronk and Crawford would also be there...

Justin Verlander should be the AL starting pitcher. Luckily another Tiger is insted. AL will win. The 4 best teams in all of baseball are in 2 divisions. (NYY, BOS, CWS, DET) and after than the Mets, the Twins and Blue Jays might be the 6th and 7th best.

Also, the Tigers will in the world series.

Verlander shouldn't be starting, neither should Rogers.

It should be between two pitches that didn't even make the team and another who made it as a replacement.

I missed the beginning of teh game...what are the yellow sweat bands for?

Is it part of the Clemente thing they are doing?

Thats what im wondering. I saw Guillens and it had RCM on it, so i'm trying to figure it out.

Thats what im wondering. I saw Guillens and it had RCM on it, so i'm trying to figure it out.

RCM = Roberto Clemente Memorial????

YAYAAY american league.

yankees are gunna win it all

!

Yankees ain't even going to make the playoffs unless they win their division.

AL wins, major contribution from the four Jays. Decent game, none of the new guys that I had yet to see really impressed me all that much. For all the bitching about Liriano not getting named it was funny to not see him even get in the game, even though I wanted to see him.

Thats the problem with having the game mean something. Ozzies managaing and theres a very good chance his White Sox could be in the World Series so he wants the home field advantage. Not everyone is going to get a chance to play. They cant keep the game like this. They either a) make it a fans game and drop the home field crap or B) get players, managers, etc but not fans to pick the teams and play it like a real game to decide to who gets home field. Really they should just give the team with the better record in 162 games home field but I guess thats just too complicated for major league baseball.

They always used to keep a pitcher on the bench in case it got tied late in the game. Having a starter sitting in the bullpen means you can go a few innings before having to call it a tie and send everyone home unhappy.

Thats the problem with having the game mean something. Ozzies managaing and theres a very good chance his White Sox could be in the World Series so he wants the home field advantage. Not everyone is going to get a chance to play. They cant keep the game like this. They either a) make it a fans game and drop the home field crap or B) get players, managers, etc but not fans to pick the teams and play it like a real game to decide to who gets home field. Really they should just give the team with the better record in 162 games home field but I guess thats just too complicated for major league baseball.

Yeah...but if I recall, even under the old "game means nothing" scenerio, there were games were someone didn't get used..mind you it was usually a pitcher, and it was usually at his Managers request so he could be used on the first day back from the break.

I like that the game carries some value. The players want to win it. If you are a dead last NL team with no hope of making the Playoffs...you still want to see a team from your side make/win the WS...don't you think?

Maybe the ASG Managers should be voted on as well....let the fans pick the Manager THEY want in there...and the it's not necessarily a guy coaching for his own teams benefit.

Maybe the ASG Managers should be voted on as well....let the fans pick the Manager THEY want in there...and the it's not necessarily a guy coaching for his own teams benefit.

Only if I can vote for Bob Uecker.

Only if I can vote for Bob Uecker.

everytime i see him all i can think of is major league

ball 4... ball 8.... how are these guys laying off such close pitches

i hate how the allstar game matters now!

\the fans could all pick bad players for national league and scdrew up natl league chances at homefeild advantage in game 7