Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lancerplayer

TPS Rubber Response

My SL is about to break so I am in need of a new stick. I found the TPS Rubber Response at a really good price. I have a few quesitons though. How is the feel compared to an SL? I think TPS's Tkachuk pattern is the same as Easton's Foresberg, right? What is TPS's "stiff" flex compared to Easton? Is it equivalent to 100 flex? And finally, is the Rubber Response a good stick in terms of performance and durability?

I had one of these not to long ago im not sure about curves or flex but what i can tell you is this thing will not break. I used it forever and not so much as a scratch or crack on it but coming from an sl this may be kinda hard to get used to because they are rather heavy and the feel would be much different. This is a gret stick if your looking for durability but the performance is deffinately not as good as other sticks i have used.

I used mine for two seasons of rec league and loved it. Thing is built like a tank! I would definitely buy one again if I found a good enogh deal on it.

ike David said they arebuilt like a tank but i would not recomend it for its performance... lik the old responses there isnt that much feel in them..

I used mine for two seasons of rec league and loved it. Thing is built like a tank! I would definitely buy one again if I found a good enogh deal on it.

ike David said they arebuilt like a tank but i would not recomend it for its performance... lik the old responses there isnt that much feel in them..

The old responses had the best feel in my opinion but the blades weren't as durable as the newer ones. The performance of the old responses was also as good as anything I've used since then with the exception of the XN10 stuff.

One thing to keep in mind is that TPS Rubbers Response sticks are hard on the palms of your gloves.

they are only hard on how the palms of your gloves look, the rubber turns the colour of your palms black

One thing to keep in mind is that TPS Rubbers Response sticks are hard on the palms of your gloves.

If you have synthetic leather palms, the rubber will eat right through it. Not really but the synthetic leather will stretch and break down easier. Or it has something to do with the rubber coating that dissolves the leather.