Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nummer55

Business approach question

After talking with a fashion clothing agent, I just wondered why hockey equipment manufacturers don't work with agents (at least not oversees). With a new line coming every year wouldn't it be a good idea to have an agent in a country that visits stores, takes orders and then let the stores receive the goods from the manufacturer? Just wondering.

I've seen no 2006 Mission products in the Benelux (only some bought abroad), so I think 2007 will not be any different.

Well some hockey companies do...

CCM has full-time reps here in scandinavia that visit stores and top-clubs to "pusher" equipment.

Mission is pretty much non-existent around here. The distributor that has the brand doesn't give a dime about hockey. He makes most of his money selling Le Coq Shoes and other goods, while hockey is just something he has the rights to, but no intrest in.

That's a shame. We'd beg to see someone from Mission come and show us the new stuff.

I know the distributor for Belgium and Luxemburg, Venturi Sports I believe, doesn't give a d..n about roller hockey. :angry:

well in canada and the us they have reps. it all depends on the sport and market i think... hockey is big over here but over seas it's just not that big of a deal.

Haha I don't think hockey's really a big deal here in the US if you go by the amount of nhl viewers :(

But I'd figure hockey would be a pretty booming business in places like Sweden or maybe Russia.

EDIT: Whoops forgot this was a Roller discussion :(

We dont have any reps in the Uk i dont think, not enough market for it although we do have a distributer who supplies all the shops over here and pumps up all the prices (Thanks alot <_< )