Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Krog7d7

Hyper Zero G wheels

Zero G's at Epuck

So now it looks like you can actually buy these thigns......expensive.

What's the durability? Anyone know? I know there were some problems when Mission was trying to bundle them with the 10k's....

I had problems with these wheels, also quite a few other people I know also had problems with the wheels chunking. They are a lil lighter than a normal wheel and quite responsive, but for the cash I personally wouldn't bother! Better wheels out there IMO.

its a fine wheel for indoors - but i wouldn't use it anywhere else - waaay too expensive

i always assumed that mission stopped putting them on the 10000's because they are difficult to make and hyper couldn't meet the production demand at the time

I just thinks its great to see Hyper actually release a new innovative product for the first time in like 3 years. Its healthy for the game and for the sales market to have competition.

Rink Rat and Labeda make great wheels and so does Revision but on a smaller scale. It'd be nice to see Hyper re-immerge as a top manufacturer.

Great durability for me. These wheels have lasted longer than any other wheels I've owned. (Rink Rat Hornets, Hyper Unity, and Labeda Millenium).

Grip and speed is alright, nothing spectacular. However they are really really light. IMO, not worth the money, but I highly recommend them if you can get a good deal on them.

i hate to dig up an old thread, but its better than making a new one and getting bashed, i was wondering how these wheels compared to rink rats in terms of grip? Ive used hornets btw for reference.

Mine had terrible grip on sport court and the loss of rebound compared to rinkrats was unbearable. If I could get on the buy and sell forum I'd put mine up for sale.

At that price I'm really surprised this many people have even tried them. With the money you would spend on 8 of those you could buy some really decent skates on special or closeout............

Rick Henry

I think the only people that have tried these got them with their 10k's. No way in hell anyone is going to buy a wheel that cost almost twice as much as other top of the line wheels.

Like everyone has said before: these wheels aren't worth your money. I was at a Nationals tournament a couple years ago and they had the He 10000's on a pre-release display. The guy displaying them had used them in a senior division game the night before and the wheels were basically shot. According to him, he had only used them indoors for that one game. Truth be told, it appeared as if he had skated on pavement and done several suicides back and forth (without the black scuff marks on the wheels). Needless to say, the wheels were pretty much ruined. Funny thing was, the guy using them wasn't that big, he was just an aggressive skater.

I wasn't interested in purchasing these wheels straight up, but wondered abount their performanceif I were to purchase 10ks. You would figure for 20 a wheel, they would come close to hornets, but i guess not.

I have a set of these wheels now. The positive.....they're very light. My He950's have a weight that is almost lighter than my ice hockey skates.

The durability on ice court....pretty bad. They're getting chopped up fast.

For the price....I would go with Hornets or Hot Shots.