Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grafman

Custom Skate Thread

Jason, i'm liking the old school/new school look there. How much did they cost?

Retail is $460.00

I am puzzled with (oldtrainnerguy) don't you see alot of these if you watch TV?

A large # of NHL players skate in this cut boot. Have you every tried it your self?

What do you think?

Retail is $460.00

A large # of NHL players skate in this cut boot. Have you every tried it your self?

What do you think?

Nope,

I have custom Grafs.

But my point is if you are going to get a skate custom and you want it to be like a new model I would try the new model for the technology first before getting the old ones made up. I have actually seen more NHL guys go with the new tech skates versus getting the ones done up like yourself.

But again that is my personal preference and what I would recomend to my players. Some of them can really benefit from the new skates!

Retail is $460.00

What do you think?

Nope,

I have custom Grafs.

But my point is if you are going to get a skate custom and you want it to be like a new model I would try the new model for the technology first before getting the old ones made up. I have actually seen more NHL guys go with the new tech skates versus getting the ones done up like yourself.

But again that is my personal preference and what I would recomend to my players. Some of them can really benefit from the new skates!

I actually have one of the 1st generations of it and the skate was cut to tall for me.

If you skate in a graf I thought you would appreciate these more. Oh and I am sure if you asked a NHL trainner they might agree.. Also for the newer generation of skates in the NHL of course you will see them in a vapor XXX what do you think they have grown up on? vapor 8 vapor 10 vapor xxx vapor 4X... To my knowlege the reason they are making taller skates is for more snap in your stride, right? well if you skate in a Graf, yes in fact you should feel old school? Why do you do it? more snap in your stride! So what am I missing here? and another thing I also think if you asked a NHL trainer what they thought of new skates they would say too Thin, too Stiff and way too High. If you ask me why did they start making skates higher my guess would be the players have gotten bigger.

All I said is that "I personally wouldnt spend the money making a skate look like a new one" thats it thats all.......If I was playinf rec mens hockey for fun maybe I would do as you did...but I dont and dont have the time to put that much time into doing such things!

The Grafs I have were a gift!

And I work with some of the trainers so thats were I get my info.

Also I still work in the OHL as a consultant.....so I am prety sure I know what I am talking about when it comes to skates.

All I said is that "I personally wouldnt spend the money making a skate look like a new one" thats it thats all.......If I was playinf rec mens hockey for fun maybe I would do as you did...but I dont and dont have the time to put that much time into doing such things!

The Grafs I have were a gift!

And I work with some of the trainers so thats were I get my info.

Also I still work in the OHL as a consultant.....so I am prety sure I know what I am talking about when it comes to skates.

well, I don't want to look like I am attacking you, but what do the new skates offer that the old ones don't?

I like spending time with this sport, after all, that's why I have a hockey store.

Don't get me wrong, I also am learning to get out of my old ways. I make it an effort to skate in all the new skates but again this is what works for me.

Hey no worries..the weight and the molding factor of the ONE90 is what would draw me as a trainer for some of the players depending on issues they may have had during the past season. I know I have 3 people in them so far this season.

Hey no worries..the weight and the molding factor of the ONE90 is what would draw me as a trainer for some of the players depending on issues they may have had during the past season. I know I have 3 people in them so far this season.

well I think a good skater becomes a great skater with a lower cut boot and a higher cut boot can make alot of people skate well.

well I think a good skater becomes a great skater with a lower cut boot and a higher cut boot can make alot of people skate well.

I agree depending on the players height and weight...sometimes you need to increase the boot height for the players height!

so these are my new skates. This is a one90/traditional fit Supreme cut 3000. one90

Jason, those are sweet.

Almost as sweet as a deadstock pair of supreme 3000's :)

Congrats!

with out two line passes now I think the explosion starts (thighs) necassary in the past will dwindle and you'll see a new regeneration of boot cuts. lower..and back to the style I skate in. It seams they are starting with the one90 or like graf has always done. Lower and light is what I hope we can expect from Bauer supreme's future line. and a higher heel.

i don't get the point of these skate? so bauer can take a older model and put a one90 back tongue and put the little one90 purple/blue crest on it??

Why would you? just buy a bauer 8000 instead... :angry:

They are doing them all like that. I am doing a fitting for someone on Friday and putting him in 8090s, but they will look like ONE90s.

JR, is the cost the same as a custom one90 then or do they charge you a little less for just changing the cosmetics of the boot?

Could you get a one90 build on a flexlight 12 last?

Just giving you a heads up you should probably remove your animated avatar as they are not allowed on this forum.