Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jharrah28

Best curves of all time

My favorites:

1. Coffey - best curve and would sand the toe flatter for toe drag

2. Forsberg - great backhand feel

3. Yzerman - another good toe drag blade

Digging around in the mum's house and I found a couple Revolution shafts and a Fontaine with the old Christian Janneys in there. Damn did I miss this bastard.

Worst ever IMO:

Lidstrom

I'm not a fan of the Lidstrom, either. When I first received my TF1's, I tried the Lidstrom equivalent. My buddy saw the new stick, so he asked if he could try it. His first shot went twenty feet high and to the right, into the netting. He immediately skated to the bench and said I could have it back.

I use the Easton Forsberg or any Modano clone mostly, but I have experimented with several other curve. I think my ideal curve would be a 3/8" mid heel, slightly open (a little more open than the retail Forsberg), 5 lie, medium blade length, rounded toe.

Sounds very similar to the Forsberg, so that's why I've stuck with it for so long.

i think that the best curve for rode hockey is the coffey and for ice is the sakic.....why??? because in road hockey you should have to have a closed curve and a banana because you dont want the ball to go ovet the net and you want a good shot.....while the sakic thing was kinda odvious.....and just to point out....i LOVE it when the puck goes top shelf....so the sakic is alright 4 me

When I was eight or nine (so 96/97?) I had a Koho Jagr woodie that I loved. I didn't really take good care of my sticks at the time, and shredded the blade to death.

Right now I'm using the Sher-Wood Coffey and it's pretty solid. A little too much lift on the puck for my taste, but it will certainly come in handy eventually.

(Yes, I use wood sticks.)

dont feel bad....i use a shaft and a wood blade....its kind of a feel thing.....but the forsber i think is the most famous curve because everyone knows it

For my last two years of roller hockey, I used orange Nike Aluminum and dark red Nike Composite shafts with a Nike wood/fibreglass blade. Looking back, those blades were horrible. Terrible too-shallow toe curve and a really big, rounded toe. Now that I'm on ice, I like the weight of a wood stick. Balances well with the speed compared to roller hockey.