Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iceburg19

Sprung Hockey

EBondo,you might want to put the front and back wheel on the frame just to line the frames up on the boot ,the frame itself might look small but with the wheels on it might give you a better idea of how they are going to look .Ive seen stock boots with seems like a small frame but the wheels looked to be set up right.

The A6 would work on the 9.5, no problems with that... like iceburg said, if you put the wheels on it would look fine. I was using the A6 on my size 9 skates for some time without any problems, skating was fantastic.

so how far away is the a6x? im thinking about getting sprungs for my rbk 9k's (size 9) and didn't know if i should hold off till the a6x because it is improved - or if it wont work on my skates anyway..

so how far away is the a6x? im thinking about getting sprungs for my rbk 9k's (size 9) and didn't know if i should hold off till the a6x because it is improved - or if it wont work on my skates anyway..

The A7 will fit your size 9 boot better. And you don't have to wait a couple of months.

Well I just got done my first game on my new skates, and just got done my first time skating on Sprungs. All I can say is WOW! That was amazing. I loved the feel of the Sprung frames. I was able to skate faster and stop much quicker with these frames, and I love everything about them.

The Kors are very good looking. Mine skated as good as they looked.

I got these pics from Sin Bin Sports in Alberta. They are seriously spreading the Sprung virus into the ice world. The surprise was the heel and toe Torspo pics, showing the suspension at work. Thanks guys. :) A lot of people have asked me about the Torspo packages, and we do not have any more of them. But, I think there are a lot of Torspos out there at tremendous deals, like the 100s in the pics. Excellent conversion boot. ;)

TorspoToes100A7P.jpg

TorspoHeels100A7P.jpg

BauerA6.jpg

8.58K-80-76.jpg

keith ,with these new aluminum alloy rockers,are they going to used with the nylon springs?and is there any way of testing a stiffer spring,say nylon with aluminum inside for tighter spring.

keith ,with these new aluminum alloy rockers,are they going to used with the nylon springs?and is there any way of testing a stiffer spring,say nylon with aluminum inside for tighter spring.

The urethane springs can be stiffer because the parts will be stronger and won't stretch or break from the additional resistance.

I got a lot of pics from the WIHA Finals this weekend, and I'll post some as I get them downloaded. There were 12-13 pairs of Sprungs, including an RBK Blades goalie. The West Covina Bandits are totally on them with 7-8 pairs. I don't know if I've ever seen everybody on a team wearing the same piece of equipment. It's hard to get everybody in the same uniform, already. The Bandits are a solid single A team that played up into the very healthy Southwest double A Factory Program Teams that are peppered with AAA players. They ended up seeded 6 of 8. ;)

And, I just got the new shipment of A7s. We've been sold out for about two weeks, and orders will go out tomorrow.

Too the guys who have used T-nuts, would you recommend using standard ones and just cutting the prongs off or would These be ok?

the ones that I am looking at are the prongless ones

Hey Nicky, the link you sent keeps defaulting to the full line of tnuts...

which ones were you looking at? I think the 8/32 nuts work a charm

Never tried those before, but if you look at it it says to hammer the tnut in so that the angled areas still 'bite' into the hole.

I would suggest going with the prong ones though. In some cases (most likely the heel pocket) you will need to pry off some of the main flang itself to get the tnut to sit flush against the footbed. With the prongs, you can just use two pliers and rip the prongs off... not sure if you understand what i mean... if not let me know and I can try to post some pics.

no prob... just pry off the prongs... it takes a little time, but essentially just hold the tnuts with one pair of pliers, then with the other pair of pliers just wiggle the prongs and they should break off. Pretty easy, but when you need to do 3 prongs per tnuts, and normally 20 tnuts for a full mount... it does take some time.

use a pair of wire cutters (dykes)also klein tools makes a tool for wire stripping but is universal,it can sheer off 8/32nd machine screws without messing up the threads,so if the screw is too long you can sheer alittle off to make it flush in the t-nut.great tool for mounting sprungs.go to klein tools catalog.scroll down on left side to strippers,cutters and crimpers.check out 1000,multi purpose 6 in 1.(red handles)

T nuts are definately the way to go. I've just got my first set of these, bought from fatwabbit, on KOR shift 1's. not the best boot for the conversion (built in insole, and I don't like the air gap between frame and outsole) but have to be the BEST skate I have ever been on. I will not skate on anything else EVER again!!!

fatwabbit,yes those are the ones red handle multi purpose.they sheer off 8/32 and 6/32 machine screws.,can get them at most tool stores or home depot,lowes.im sure other tool co. make a nock off brand also.

Sharp, osurh18. Always loved the look of the Pure Fly boot. Never had a chance to skate them, but loved the looks of them.