Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iceburg19

Sprung Hockey

I was going to mount my Sprungs to a new pair of SE16's. Has anyone else tried this with one of these Easton composite boots? Did you have any trouble mounting the t-nuts or do anything special?

Also, TLR156, could you PM me with what Lowe's you went to to get your hardware? The one by me didn't have t-nuts in smaller sizes. Your skates are looking good.

Here's what I got back in the mail today. Thanks to Aussie Joe for setting this up, and thanks to Rhys for mounting the sprungs.

Kor Shift 1's mounted on A7 sprungs... I didnt have time to get them baked, so they will have to wait another week before being used. Am currently still on my torspo sprungs A6, with the numerous blocked shots and no issues.

KorSprungs.jpg

Also, TLR156, could you PM me with what Lowe's you went to to get your hardware? The one by me didn't have t-nuts in smaller sizes. Your skates are looking good.

The Lowes I went to was the one at Loughborough & 55 in South City. I kinda cleaned them out of the stock that was in their bins. That doesn't mean they don't have more there, but it's been my experience that almost all hardware stores are very slow to replenish their bolt bins in the hardware aisles... :rolleyes:

Oh, & thanks (to you & everybody else) for the compliments!

Nice looking Nike/Bauer XXV and Kor's.........

Got to play on the sport court last night for the first time ever. I had used some old Labeda Grippers (Soft) and some old Hyper G wheels (76A) with my Sprungs and I was sliding around quite a bit. The wheels are pretty worn so I'm wondering if new soft wheels would be better. All and all it was still cool to play on a real rink and such a smooth surface.

Rick

The Reeboks and Nike/Bauer XXXX's are way cool also.........

Do you guys think that a set of (74A) Red Star Rebel wheels would be to soft for me at 225 Lbs. on sport court?

Thanks

Rick

Rick, I'm using some rebels 74a on my other skates at the moment, but only on the front 2 wheels of each skate. The rear has some 76a wheels, main reason is that the otehr wheels I have are all 78a.

Works like a charm, enough grip..

This is my first conversion and my first Sprungs. I built them up for my step son to use primarily for off off ice training as there really is not any roller for his age group that we are inclined to put him in any more. They are his old S400 ice boots that he absolutely loved but had completely broken the tendon guards on, with the A7's, the bearings and wheels are just throw away junk I had sitting around the house since he will use them for a little general transport outside and has historically never cleaned his own bearings anyhow. I did the dye job myself just to try something flashy for him. The picture makes the red look a little orangy but it is really a pretty dark scarlet. With a little practice I hope to do a pair for myself since I coach in the local outdoor league for the younger brother, unfortunately it does not go any higher than first year bantam equivalent. Let me know what you think.

codesskate.jpgcode02.jpg

Hope the pictures show up ok as this is my first attempt hosting with image shack.

Scott

I still have a pair of the original close-out frames that I never got around to installing. I'm planning on putting them on my ice skates with t-nuts once the ice-season is over. On the heel of the frame, besides the 4 usual holes, there is a 5th one in the middle at the tip of the heel. Does it need to be fastened also or was that hole just for manufacturing or display purposes? Or since t-nuts are more solid than rivets, could I use that hole with only 2 of the other holes? I remember reading that with t-nuts, only 4 on the front part was sufficient. BTW, I'm only around 150-155lbs so the frames won't be stressed that hard.

You wont really need the 5th hole on the heel mount. 4 is more than enough. I believe it was designed to have that 5th hole in case the heel was too narrow and could not have the rear pair of holes mounted.

Hey guys i am new t the forum and just wanted some experienced feedback on my first sprung mount. The boots are graf 705's size 9 and the chassis is the A6. I just wanted to know if they look correct front to back. Side to side i know they are centered just wondering if i should adjust them. Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Visit My Website

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/1443/chrisskate003.jpg

Pics are a little small, but they look ok.

For the second pic, it looks like the skate on the right side of the pic is at an angle?

i followed it except i didn't move the frame 1/4 up towards the toe it looked like the back wheels were to far forward as well as the fronts. I think the way i mounted them is more stable.

Hi all,

I am new to the forum and I want to buy Sprung frames for my inline skates (CCM Vector 4.5 - size 8, inline version).

The basic use of my inline skates is cross training for ice hockey (I use CCM Vector 08 - size 8). I inline skate mostly outdoors.

I'm not sure which frame size to get, and also what wheel size should I use, 76 or 80?

As I said, my main goal is to have a setup that mimics my ice skates as close as possible, in terms of wheelbase (vs runner length), pitch, height, etc.

I've seen some size 8 skates (9.5 shoe) on the forum using A7 and some using A6, however it seems to me that A7 might be to big. On the other hand, A7 is apparently more robust and durable.

Any input is highly appreciated.

Thanks.