Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iceburg19

Sprung Hockey

I'm not sure whether the topic is in this thread or not but can someone show me where I can find the instructions on how to dye my sprungs. Just got my A6's in the mail and cant wait to ge them mounted but want to black them out. Also what kind of spacers are most people using for their sprungs?

Looking for a little help here. I am thinking about installing a set of sprung chassis on my Mission Soldier skates (Size 11). I havent been able to get a definitive answer as to which chassis I need, the A7 or A8. I want to make sure I purchase the chassis that will fit my boot properly. I also weigh in at 200lbs, so would going with the A8 be a better idea for longevity of the chassis?

Hey guys,

I've owned my Sprung A8's for a couple years now. Ever since they came out I've had them mounted on my size 8.5 Vapor 25's and I played pretty much a solid year of hockey with them. I love the Sprung design and back it fully however I know that this wheelbase is way too large for my average sized foot. Being a big guy and being tough on skates I understand why I got set up on the A8's, but I really think I function better on something with a shorter wheelbase.

I know I don't have enough "cred" to post in the for sales here, but I'd really like to pass my A8's on to someone who they fit, and who would love them as much as I have. Even if Sprungster or Joe could take them back and find a suitable home I'd be stoked. I just figured I'd post em in here before I threw em up on eBay. Let me know guys I'd love to help someone out. Thanks!

Flyweight if you do a search for dying lacrosse heads on the net there are several sites with step by step instructions. As far as spacers go you need 8mm floating spacers, I used sonic spacers from inlinewarehouse they are pretty nice with the little saturn ring to help center them in the hub. have fun with your mount.

Edgekid3 you might want to hook up with futerxdesign, he would be better off with the A8s.you guys could help each other out.

These A6s are among the first sales I had, and the frames and rocker arms are all first prototype samples. The Size 10.5 boots were new and the A6s were their first inline frames. The boots are totaled, with both soles ripped loose from the uppers in several places, but the frames are still completely ready for more. I switched the old springs for A7/A8 springs and they're tight front and rear.

Here's their owner's comments RE the old vs his new 195/A7s.

I've had the A6s since April of 2006 and I didn't have one rocker arm or anything break, which is amazing considering what type of skater I can be at times (slamming into the boards, ice hockey style, etc.)

Keith,

I skated on them yesterday and they were great. I could really feel the difference from the A6s to the A7s.

Most notably, I could feel a big improvement in both speed and cutting/turning. I also really liked the all 80 mm wheel setup as opposed to the all 76 mm wheel setup. It also seemed like the One95 boot was better suited for Sprung frames because of how stiff it was and how skating on SportCourt actually felt like skating on ice for me.

Overall, it is a giant improvement from my last skates/frames. Thanks so much for helping me out with getting these so quickly and economically. If anyone asks me, I swear by Sprung frames now and will recommend them to anyone.

Thanks again,

Tommy

Old190A6s.jpg

Old190Heel.jpg

Old190Sole.jpg

Old190Toe.jpg

195A7s.jpg

Or white or red. Man Skate San Diego looks good! I'd know that floor anywhere. Good lighting.

Uniform goes with a white helmet and white gloves but I gave them away...

My new Sprungs! :)

sorry for laying you out 2 weeks ago at kit carson.

It's okay we won the game because of your penalty.

ha. ya i know. I was pissed. blew a 2 goal lead only to break down 5-2. Is Luke playing on your guys' team or did he just play this past tuesday for fun?

ha. ya i know. I was pissed. blew a 2 goal lead only to break down 5-2. Is Luke playing on your guys' team or did he just play this past tuesday for fun?

Yeah he is on the team.

Yeah he is on the team.

If thats Luke Storno, tell him Ethan Likes says hey. He'll probably laugh. haha

im not a big tour guy,but if I had those skates,sprungs would be on those babies for sure.black frames of course.

In case you were at NARCh, you might have seen or played against one of these teams with Sprungs. The Bandits are all on them except for the goalie, who has to try them, now. The Sherwood Park Stealth and the Sherwood Park Roller Kings are both out of Alberta with four or five pairs on each team thanks to Jeff Toner and Sin Bin.

The pics are all from the NARCh site.

http://narch.com/gallery/photo.html?action...FINALS_Medalist

Here's two Happy Bandits from the Skills.

http://narch.com/gallery/photo.html?action..._Skills_Winners

i want to see someone mount some sprungs on these babies..

101BL-big.jpg

They could use a lower Sprung chassis because of the existing sole relief. The wheels could go up into the sole area, past the frame top in front.

i want to see someone mount some sprungs on these babies..

101BL-big.jpg

Maybe something like the Caffeine design, all done in injection molded mag alloy with everything polished up and shiny like the boot? Maybe a few black/orange accents to totally tie it in? Notice how the front wheels could go up into the boot where Tour has so conveniently made some space.

CaffeineT.jpg

Now that is the frame we are all waiting for!!!!!!!!! it would gowith any skate really, because everyone is mounting humers on anything!!!