Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iceburg19

Sprung Hockey

I'll definatly consider some of those mag Caffeine sprungs when you get them out (price pending of cource).

Quick side question, between the different generations of the A6 frame, have the mounting holes changed at all or are they in exactly the same spot?

I'll definatly consider some of those mag Caffeine sprungs when you get them out (price pending of cource).

Quick side question, between the different generations of the A6 frame, have the mounting holes changed at all or are they in exactly the same spot?

The old closeout model has a different hole pattern. The A6X has the same holes as the current A6 model.

Yes the frames will come with the axels. Remember they are 8mm axels not 6mm like a lot of frames so you may need to get new bearing spacers to make it work.

:) My new skates. *Great looking, right?

They're 10EEs with a sort of thick aftermarket insole plus heel-rise to get my feet up into the wider parts of the boots. The insoles also help with the VOLUME vs my very low skinny (but wide 2/3 of the way back) front foot profile. And, they improved the pitch which I had no problems with.

I mounted them quickly yesterday and headed to Covina to test them out. Well, they were too weird. I shot around for an hour and then joined a game of keep-away for another half hour. Then, after loosing a gallon of water, I looked at them very seriously. I had mounted them way too far outward and I was like on flippers. Very strange stress points on my feet.

So, when I got home, I took some deep breaths, and dis-mounted them. Then I did an old t-nut trick, and used a Dremel with a router bit to move the front holes inward and the back holes outward. And stuck them on again. They now match the ice holder center marks, front and rear, and both will balance for a second before falling over. Dead center on the boot weight and same on my feet. The front wheels are right between my first two toes. Just to make the re-mount special, I riveted one of the laces to its boot. This accounts for the whiter laces taken from other boots.

I ordered the ice skates for $193, delivered, from Great Skate. All feet are different, but with the correct mount and insoles, these are most excellent on mine. Great for hockey and skating around the house and general don't-do-this-at-homing. Oops!

*For those of you unable to see the (nonexistent) image, they're brand new X30/A7s. My camera went to a band gig and did not come home. :(

probably skated on sprungs 6-8 times now and I finally have the hang of them and I'm liking them more and more every time I skate.

Chalk me up as another satisfied Sprung user :D

what is the wheelbase on the medium A7 w/80mm and the A8 w/80mm wheels? im trying to choose between the 2, but dont like my wheels sticking out the front or back of the boot very far

what is the wheelbase on the medium A7 w/80mm and the A8 w/80mm wheels? im trying to choose between the 2, but dont like my wheels sticking out the front or back of the boot very far

What size boots? The A6 is 9 5/8", the A7 is 10 1/4" and the A8 is 10 9/16".

im in a 12EE Easton SE16 right now. Just curious, why would a medium size chassis have a longer wheel base (10 3/4) than a large chassis (10 9/16) ?

Also:

Why the sales tax in Illinois? Are you local? I live in Chicago

Sprungs are based in Cal, and you can order them directly at www.sprung-inline.com

Going from previous posts, the wheelbase is:

A6 9 5/8"

A7 10"

A8 10 17/32".

I havent measured it personally, but thats' based on previous posts... For your 12EE, I would say go with the A8. I'm using a pair of size 9 skates, and using the A7.

Has anybody gotten some sprungs shipped to Canada and any Idea how long it takes? I haven't ordered them that long ago but I just can't wait to skate on something better than what I have now (mission a50).

I had them shipped almost three weeks ago...hope nothing happened...

Shit happened. They're on the way with extra guilt parts. So very sorry, have killed the shipping clerk. <_<

Very brutal Keith.

I'm going to be in LA in Sept, do you have a shop etc. or is it just a warehouse with the Sprung co?

Your house is my house, or something like that. It's almost then, so get in touch with me. Are you coming to LA for the excellent fly fishing, or what? The Corporate Number is 213 400 9881.

Very brutal Keith.

I'm going to be in LA in Sept, do you have a shop etc. or is it just a warehouse with the Sprung co?

Your house is my house, or something like that. It's almost then, so get in touch with me. Are you coming to LA for the excellent fly fishing, or what? The Corporate Number is 213 400 9881.

Hahahaha, cheers mate. I tried fishing once, it was suicidal inducing experience. So once I got over that compulsion, I resolved to never fish again. However, I will be in LA for a few days for HockeyGiant, Disneyland and pubbing and clubbing for the ladies. :ph34r:

Send me anything worth doing, I'll give it consideration thats for sure.

Do the sprung frames increase grip enough that one could consider buying less grippy wheels?

Yes, you can use harder faster wheels and still get better grip. Soft sticky wheels are designed to keep a rigid chassis from slipping all over the place. Add that to even very stiff suspension and you have a race car with flat tires. Harder wheels make the suspension do all the work while they roll fast.

The suspension gives you more consistent wheel contact. More wheels on the ground more of the time is better grip, and independent suspension provides that. You get a range of 1,2,3 or 4 wheels on the ground vs 1 or 4.

When you push down on the front of your car, do the back wheels go up in the air? Yes, but only when the front and rear suspension (and your hood and front clip) are beyond their limits. It's also nice to be able to cut on your two rear wheels because the weight of your body has pushed down your leg hard enough to raise the front of the skate. Same pushing off. This is when four wheel in line is way better than two.

With that said, a lot of people who have seen my drawings on the wall say that for the first few minutes they thought they were seeing a four wheel motorcycle from TronII. I had that in mind the whole time, and I designed the A6 as if it were that big... and fast. All we need is some incremental four wheel steering and a fast little hybrid engine. ;)