Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iceburg19

Sprung Hockey

are you gonna go stalk rachel bilson? lol

Stalk? No. Kidnap? YES! lol.

rofl, just moved into the new house from a condo...gonna get a ice conversion going soon, would love to get some sprungs for some off ice training, just wondering if thats overkill

Definitely not overkill.

Feedback from ice players in Edmonton who are using Sprungs for training specific purposes has been very positive this summer. Many of these would not consider conventional inline set-ups as an option. Even a couple of Pros and former pros have given thumbs up. Great product.

cant really say if its comparable to ice, cause i've never played ice hockey... but i can say that sprungs is THE only chassis i would use now. No different wheel diameters to worry about, quick replaceable parts, good customer service from Keith.

I've had 3 aluminium chassis dent, break or thread out on me...

Keith, just bought some spares over your site as the spare set you sent to me has "disappeared" from my inline bag. Inline season here begins in Late Sept/early Oct. Getting pumped about it as much as Ice playoffs, which start in 3 weeks.

I thought about the A8's but I can't decide. I only have indoor wheels in 80mm but I guess I could go with A8's with 76mm wheels for outside.

Rick

I have sprung A6's mounted to Graf 705's i have 76mm wheels on them and the 2nd and 3rd wheel touch when i am striding or gliding. Anyone else have this problem and a solution. I am pretty big 6'3 235 but i read that heavier players have used the same setup with no problems.

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/3241/chrisskate001.jpg

I had problems with Hyper 250 and Hyper 150 Pro wheels - they touched the frame (frontwheel and the two middlewheels) while striding or sharp turning. I solved this by dremeling the spots on the frame a little.

At your picture it looks like there is not enough space between the two middle wheels - are they really 76mm?? Are the rockerarms with the elastomersprings properly mounted on the frame?

frank

I have sprung A6's mounted to Graf 705's i have 76mm wheels on them and the 2nd and 3rd wheel touch when i am striding or gliding. Anyone else have this problem and a solution. I am pretty big 6'3 235 but i read that heavier players have used the same setup with no problems.

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/3241/chrisskate001.jpg

They sure look great, so they have to go great too. I've seen a lot of wheel burn in the center two insets at the X member. They were designed for 76mm wheels when I didn't know that most wheels are bigger than they say. I haven't used the wheels, so I don't know their profile, but if it is more round they might touch like that. If the wheels are offcenter on the hub, or if the wheel snaps back and forth (hub too narrow or spacer too long) on the bearings, they will touch sometimes. You also might switch the rocker arms around in the frame to see if they line up better. Grinding it out will fix it.

I will assume that you have spacers in there. I had a coach testing a pair of A8s and he hated them, said he was on his heels something awful. Without looking at them, I loaned them to a ref, at his rink, who also hated them. I took a look at them and the coach had a couple of spacers missing, which wasn't the problem. He also left out a bearing on one wheel each skate. :rolleyes:

My impression is that the Hyper PRO wheels have a more rounder profile then for example Labeda Asphalt gripper. That the reason for my grinding/touching problems - all other wheels are without these problems - but here in europe, hyper wheels are one of the first choice wheels, because other brands are difficult to get.

frank

You guys may be missing my point they are touching wheel to wheel not wheel to frame is there anyway to nulify this it also happens with rink rats 76. Thanks for the quick responses guys....

Are the rockerarms with the elastomersprings properly mounted on the frame?

frank

???

If the mounting is okay, you can try to skate with three wheels at first (one of the middle out) till the diameter is going down a little.

Or build in the middle one 74mm wheel?

You guys may be missing my point they are touching wheel to wheel not wheel to frame is there anyway to nulify this it also happens with rink rats 76. Thanks for the quick responses guys....

Iceburg had the same problem with his Grafs. These are the only two times I've heard of it. The frames might be torqued downward, causing the center wheels to be closer to each other. I think he added lifts in back to relieve the frame tension on his. The wheels might be big, in addition.

yes I had the same problem,same skates ,graf 705s,well believe it or not I put a 72mm on the 2nd wheel ,because of my weight it still touches and when i turn it still touches,I have had no problems since then and the perfrormance is still the same.this is the ajustment i made because the rubbing was pissing me off and now they are JUST FINE..love my sprungs.I will never go back to a rigid frame.as long as sprungs are around.

Wow Venom......all I can say is sweet....... I am a Sprung guy and I love all the picks of different skate boots mounted on Sprungs but every now and again a pair just jumps out at you and the Nikes are an example of just that. Enjoy.

Rick Henry

Thanks, Rick. I love them. They skate like a dream, as well.

Iceburg19- No, no issues whatsoever with the wheels/frame. I'm about 6-1/205, skating on A8s. No complaints.

They're for sale, because I could use the cash - but I won't be too terribly upset if they don't sell. ;)