Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iceburg19

Sprung Hockey

Hey guys,

Just about to attempt my first conversion. I have a pare of 2010 commander SE Black and blue Boots (thanks to fatwabbit) and an a6 frame. Has anyone done this conversion as I would like to double check I have found the centre lines etc before i drill into the boot. I got the boot with the frames pre removed and would like to get it right first time.

I did mine on easton skates and used the following youtube video as a guide

I have a set of sprungs on the way from Andreas in Germany and the anticipation is killing me!!! I can't wait for them to arrive and I am contemplating mounting them myself.

I have three options of boot and at the moment I am leaning towards my newest skate out of the three. I have RBK 8k inlines at the moment but I have been really disappointed with the overall quality of the skate. I have had them for just over 12 months but it looks like they are nearly 12 year old.

The sprungs will definitely give them a new lease of life though. I also have a pair of Nike quest 6 ice skates that have been on the ice two or three times but I think they will be too big for the sprungs frame.

Lastly I have an original pair of Mission team proto vsi carbon bad boys that are awesome. That could be fun eventually getting the sprungs on them. I have seen a few mounts early into this threa that caught my eye.

For now though, it is the RBK's.

Alby

Hi guys, i have vapor x40 iceskates size 15 and i would like to know if the large Sprung frame fits ok.

I'm afraid my boots are a little too big. I live in Argentina and dont't know anybody with this frames around here.

Hi guys, i have vapor x40 iceskates size 15 and i would like to know if the large Sprung frame fits ok.

I'm afraid my boots are a little too big. I live in Argentina and dont't know anybody with this frames around here.

The large, all 80mm A8, has a 26.75cm wheelbase. I'm not sure, but I think it's the longer than any of the large size rigid frames. I had a pair of size 13 CCMs in China with me when I designed it, and they fit OK, so maybe yours too. It's 34.75cm from front wheel edge to rear wheel edge, if you want to measure and see if any wheel will stick out from under your big feet. The ice holder for that size is probably too short, too. Most roller players with boots beyond size 11 have to get used to short little frames sort of centered between the front and rear of their boot bottoms. No wheel showing front or rear. Not even close in most sizes. Reg size players would never buy a setup like what big sizes get normal.

Order has not come

Have a fit on a hillside

China moves slowly

That's Haiku for, "What the fuck's going on and where's my skates?" Slow in China translates directly to slower here. Think of me as a guy in love and my girlfriend doesn't always answer a text, or email, or phone sometimes. Can't be a jerk to somebody you gave your nuts to just cause their minute is more like a week or so in your life. I'm still glad I'm not there waiting for more big bags of resins. If you are connected to someone who is young and has young friends, China's sort of like a mashup of Roma and Performance. So the downtime can kill you. Like Vegas, but with all of it on the sidewalk and all against the law, but not enough small motorcycles with two cops on-board on earth, and cars and scooters going through the tables and rooms in a totally random manor. There are beautiful hillsides there, for those in need. I have used many of them.

6 of 8 skaters on NARCh men's platinum champions, The Revision Rockies, wore Sprungs. It always surprises me when I don't see more at big tourneys. Shows how much work there is to do. Maybe something like this will help spread the word.

6 of 8 skaters on NARCh men's platinum champions, The Revision Rockies, wore Sprungs. It always surprises me when I don't see more at big tourneys. Shows how much work there is to do. Maybe something like this will help spread the word.

There were also two officials wearing Sprungs.

I've been on Sprungs for just over 4 years now, and after a night of hockey on the polished cement of a full size ice rink, I had the opportunity to realize that I still appreciate the performance as much as I did the first time I laced them up. Great cornering, transitions, and acceleration combined with great stability lead to smooth skating in a really fast pair of skates. And, as as guy in his 40's, it's a great feeling to still be able to power around a d-man in his 20's with the grip, speed, and cornering that my Sprungs give me. Thanks for your innovation and persistence, Keith.

I just came back from an ice hockey game, now after the end of my Roller season. I must say that the transition from Sprung's to ice is quite incredible!

The first couple of minutes on ice, you get that same sense of "oh ya, these have that rocker feeling"... and I get worried remembering the end of last season (on Vaguard's) it took me 3-4 games to get used to the rocker again! Not now, after 5 minutes I was carving out wicked turns and up on my toes for quick starts! Although still aware that there was a transition going on here.

Within 10 minutes I was 100% comfortable with the rocker and had completely forgotten about the transition issue all together!

That alone is so incredible that for anyone who plays ice and roller during the same season (even if it's not that frequent)... Sprung's are a must have, period, end of story!

Damian... how are the sprungs? Looks like you got the mount pretty much spot on!

Hey kev used them tonight at training, the boots were nice a little trouble getting my left foot in the heel but nice other-wise. A lot better then the tours (with sprungs)

No problems with the alignment which I am pleased with, thanks for all the help,

Now left with a dilema of which ones to use at nationals, hoping the a6x arms are out by then.

Quick question if anyone knows...

I wear a Mission skate size 9. I pre-ordered A7's thinking that was what was made to fit that boot. Now I am seeing that the A6's will fit also. Anyone have experience that know which way is better to go? Then on top of that, I now see something about A6X's.... what is that? Thanks for your time.

Quick question if anyone knows...

I wear a Mission skate size 9. I pre-ordered A7's thinking that was what was made to fit that boot. Now I am seeing that the A6's will fit also. Anyone have experience that know which way is better to go? Then on top of that, I now see something about A6X's.... what is that? Thanks for your time.

I dont know the answer to your question. But I have asked about getting some of the new alloy ones and have them mounted properally by someone who has done it before and cant seem to get an answer to either question. If you read back a few pages you should see some rumblings about not being able to get retailers/distributers to sell them or something of that nature, who knows. You dont hear anything about the frames for awhile, then all the sudden everyone and their brother starts raving about them? I just want to find some and have them mounted by someone who knows what they are doing!

I don't believe the alloys have been made yet. I've mounted my sprungs on a few different boots already. A6x seems to still be in the works ( a6x has stronger, more durable arms)

The question i have for you is how old are these missions you want to mount these on? If they're true to shoe size (pre 2010 i think) then a6's will be your best bet. If you don't mind the frame being a tad longer you could mount the a7's and have a little more durability and the ability to run all 80mm wheels.

If they're newer sized missions (sized like bauers) than go with the a7.

I dont know the answer to your question. But I have asked about getting some of the new alloy ones and have them mounted properally by someone who has done it before and cant seem to get an answer to either question. If you read back a few pages you should see some rumblings about not being able to get retailers/distributers to sell them or something of that nature, who knows. You dont hear anything about the frames for awhile, then all the sudden everyone and their brother starts raving about them? I just want to find some and have them mounted by someone who knows what they are doing!

MSG me. I can shed some light for you.

I think that if i bought another pair, im in a 7.5, i would go with the a7's also.

Absolutely love the sprungs and can't stand skating with a fixed frame anymore. But having spent 8 months or so on them I'm wishing i could run some 80's instead of the 76's.

The large, all 80mm A8, has a 26.75cm wheelbase. I'm not sure, but I think it's the longer than any of the large size rigid frames. I had a pair of size 13 CCMs in China with me when I designed it, and they fit OK, so maybe yours too. It's 34.75cm from front wheel edge to rear wheel edge, if you want to measure and see if any wheel will stick out from under your big feet. The ice holder for that size is probably too short, too. Most roller players with boots beyond size 11 have to get used to short little frames sort of centered between the front and rear of their boot bottoms. No wheel showing front or rear. Not even close in most sizes. Reg size players would never buy a setup like what big sizes get normal.

Ok i think it's gonna fit well.

I'm buying right now. Thank you!

Ps: Your global delivery reaches Argentina right?.

Hey I have a random question, I have the opportunity to pick up a another pair of sprungs off a friend however he's not sure if they are a6, a7 or a8 etc. Is there a way to tell? He believes they are a7's but isn't sure and I want to figure out what chassis it is before I go grabbing another pair of sprungs to replace the ones I have now and having them end up being the same as the a6's I have.

Hey I have a random question, I have the opportunity to pick up a another pair of sprungs off a friend however he's not sure if they are a6, a7 or a8 etc. Is there a way to tell? He believes they are a7's but isn't sure and I want to figure out what chassis it is before I go grabbing another pair of sprungs to replace the ones I have now and having them end up being the same as the a6's I have.

If you can put 80mm wheels in them and the center wheels almost touch, you have A7s. If there's a half inch between the center wheels they're A8s. If they only take 76s, you already have some.

And here's an update partially taken from an email I just sent RE where's my frames.

I own the molds and they were in storage and my engineer/production manager had to find a production hole in a good manufacturing situation. Originally the major production run was to have been done (end of June) and as soon as the A6X drawings were finished (95%, six months ago), with the mold mods, then make the A6X rocker arms. My bud is from Mao territory and his mom died, and getting there and back is very old school time travel. Not enough of our Nylon resins on hand for the first window. Corrupted A6X solids file. He has twice as much work to make up for being gone. Chinese Holidays. The A6X tool vanished and is being replaced gratis. It only takes part of two days to make everything. These are acts of gods/luck/bucks. Glad I'm not there stuck in a wedding hotel in the country. My dog ate them.

And on the other hand we have six fingers and a thumb. I will soon be doing all of my design and drawings within a new program at Art Center College of Design. The best part is that the program is strengthened by having my new help work on projects in multiple industries simultaneously with good cross-thought. So we have the mag alloy rocker arms for the current A frames, and the all mag alloy Caffeine, and the Sniper with its ice holder type body and mag alloy arms. And, the primary reason for the partnership, the prosthetic foot/ankle.

In case you aren't familiar with any of Art Center's alumni design work, you only have to look at almost any car made on earth. Personally, I'm pretty delighted.