Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

myst3ry

NHLers/Pro's You've Played With

Just as the title says, what NHLers or Pro's have you played with/been on the same team with? About 8 years ago I used to play with Rick Nash until I broke my hip which totaled my career..

I have never played with any, but there were several rumours in 04 that Alexander Semin had befriended some russians here in the DC area and used to play pick up with them out at ashburn ice.

ive played with jim watson(ex flyer)he was really cool to mess around with.

and boy he has gotten slow but stil good with his hands

he was a 5 time allstar and went to 4 stanely cups.

man, a whole bunch... i play on a mens league team with benoit hogue and steve webb during the summer, was on one with adrian acouin...others i've played with: jason blake, rick dipietro, vladamir malakov, sergei samsonov, pat lafontaine, darius kasparitis, patrik flatley, bob nystrom, eric nystrom, chris higgins, mike komasarek, trent hunter, probably at least 1/2 of the islanders and blackhawks farm systems, few guys in the capitals farm system, andy brickley...probably a few others i'm forgetting

man, a whole bunch... i play on a mens league team with benoit hogue and steve webb during the summer, was on one with adrian acouin...others i've played with: jason blake, rick dipietro, vladamir malakov, sergei samsonov, pat lafontaine, darius kasparitis, patrik flatley, bob nystrom, eric nystrom, chris higgins, mike komasarek, trent hunter, probably at least 1/2 of the islanders and blackhawks farm systems, few guys in the capitals farm system, andy brickley...probably a few others i'm forgetting

Where did you play with Lafontaine?

i live on the island and he came down to a semi-open skate I'm a regular at a few years ago. No one recognized him at first...then we started playing and we realized something was up lol

i live on the island and he came down to a semi-open skate I'm a regular at a few years ago. No one recognized him at first...then we started playing and we realized something was up lol

Oh okay. 'Cause he's my friends uncle(ish) and he runs marathons now and I was fairly certain he didn't play hockey of any kind anymore, but he could have been at an open skate.

i'll do it in the order i played with them:

alexei kovalev

glen wesley

ulf samuelson/jeff beukeboom

& then a bunch of NY islanders together (during the non-season)

Only a few NHL'ers at drop-in. But I've played with a about a dozen current/future OHL'ers competitivley who might make the show.

i live on the island and he came down to a semi-open skate I'm a regular at a few years ago.  No one recognized him at first...then we started playing and we realized something was up lol

Oh okay. 'Cause he's my friends uncle(ish) and he runs marathons now and I was fairly certain he didn't play hockey of any kind anymore, but he could have been at an open skate.

i hadn't heard about the marathon thing, but good for him, I'm sure he does quite well. But yeah, this was a good 4-5 years ago or so...it was after his final NHL year with the rangers. Its a semi-open skate because you have to know someone thats a regular who can vouch for you, but apparently he had came down (the ice slot has been run by the same guy for the last 25 years or so)in the early 90's to that skate a few times during the islander off season. Its always a treat to see how fast guys like him and blake are when you're actually on the ice with them.

oh yeah, forgot about peter and chris ferraro on that list.

alexei kovalev

glen wesley

Where did you play with Kovalev?

alexei kovalev

glen wesley

Where did you play with Kovalev?

thats what i wanted to know

I played with Matt Barnaby when I was growing up. In the past few years, I have been fortunate enough to play with Terry Harper, Bret Hedigan, and Alex Korolyuk.

-dave

I played against Stephane Richer, Eric Landry(Roller and Ice), Christian Matte, Daniel Briere, Derrik Brassard (Jakets 1 draft pick), Stephane Mateau, Mike Ribiero

Daniel Briere was so good, I was ashamed of myself, it made me feel like quiting hockey... :(

Smartest player was Ribiero

I live in the Gatineau Area

I played against Stephane Richer, Eric Landry(Roller and Ice), Christian Matte, Daniel Briere, Derrik Brassard (Jakets 1 draft pick), Stephane Mateau, Mike Ribiero

Daniel Briere was so good, I was ashamed of myself, it made me feel like quiting hockey...  :( 

Smartest player was Ribiero

I live in the Gatineau Area

I live in the Gatineau area too.. I played with Christian Matte too... Softball that is, not hockey and I was playing against his Softball team a few years back. I was a replacement guy for a few games. I've known him for quite a while too. Used to hang out with is cousin way back then.. like 25 years ago I also played with Craig Martins who played a couple of games in Detroit and Ian Mcantire (sp?) who was at the Vancouver Canucks training camp a few years back.

man, a whole bunch... pat lafontaine,

YOU ARE SO LUCKY!! Man am I jealous. You got to play with a Sabres legend.

I've never played with a pro but when I was like 7 or 8 I played at the HSBC Arena during intermission. Man was that fun. I got high fives from the Sabres as they walked by.

man, a whole bunch...  pat lafontaine,

YOU ARE SO LUCKY!! Man am I jealous. You got to play with a Sabres legend.

I've never played with a pro but when I was like 7 or 8 I played at the HSBC Arena during intermission. Man was that fun. I got high fives from the Sabres as they walked by.

I'm an Islander fan, so I see him as an Islander legend ;) Though his best years were certainly in Buffalo. Would have loved to play with Turgeon, since he was my favorite player growing up.

I went to Canisius College for one year and played a few games at HSBC which was a lot of fun. The league my summer mens league team is in has games following Islander games on the Coliseum ice about a dozen times a season, and I've played in 3 so far when I was home to play. No offense to HSBC, but it gave me chills the first time I played in the Coliseum with all the history the old barn has.

No offense to HSBC, but it gave me chills the first time I played in the Coliseum with all the history the old barn has.

LOL..such a dump.

I lived 1 mi from there, ugh.

No offense to HSBC, but it gave me chills the first time I played in the Coliseum with all the history the old barn has.

LOL..such a dump.

I lived 1 mi from there, ugh.

lol I never said it was a great place in itself...far, far from it in fact

Just as a die hard Islander fan it was a cool experience

Garry Howatt- dirtbag, Peter Stastny- class act all the way, Rangers Alumni game in early 90s- Ron Greschner, Rod Gilbert, George McPhee, Nick Fotiu, Andre Dore, Gilles Villemure in net, and Pierre Larouche( who made us all look sick).