Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vapor

Apple WWDC

there is a new text to speech program that is suppose to be amazing (I have not persoanly heard it). Word is that it sounds just like a human.

any news on if they fixed the scratches problem on the nano? I got mine and within a month it was scratched to *#&$*

If they are indeed in the metal alloy cases, they will be much less scratch prone. The Apple iPod mini used a metal alloy case, and they were tanks.

Dashboard updates: Dashboard was released with 10.4 tiger. They have updated dashboard and added more RSS support. Dashboard is a program within OS X where all your favorite widgets live.

iChat Updates: multiple logins, visibility, animated icons, video recording, and tabbed chats. iChat theater - Slideshows that you can voiceover and send to friends and family.

cool feature: in iChat real time video chats you can add backdrops. Without the use of a green screen you can choose from a large list of backdrops. You can be anywhere from times square to the great wall of china.

That sums up leopard. There are some boring features (that are mostly for developers) that I did not include. More to come...

Thats it. Too bad more wasnt released, but the new MacPros look great and OS X 10.5 looks awsome.

New Mac Pros (Replcing powermacs) were avalible today

Specs:

TWO 2.6 Ghz dual core intel woodcrest processors

1 GB of RAM

Two Superdrives

250GB Hard Drive

Nvidia geforce 7300GT, 256 MB

$2499

This is the base sytem. You can have up to 16 GB of Ram, 2 Terabytes of Storage, 4 DUAL CORE PROCESSORS (thats 8 streams of data) up to 3GHZ each.

All that.. but the same shitty low end graphics card :lol:

spend 400 bucks get a veyr high end card and ur still 400 bucks less than the dell and with a better graphics card.

Sounds nice, I am looking forward to the new MBP's or new high end laptops beeing released probably at the same time as Leopard. They will probably include the new Core 2 Duo chip from Intel. Time to start saving my money!!

the current MBPs have the core duo in them. You are reference the merum chip which is suppose to be a really nice chip. I think they will be released 4Q 2006.

Yeah I know but the new chips are to be named the Core 2 Duo = Merum.

And those desktop chips were released last week, laptop chips to follow in a couple weeks.

Yeah but Apple will probably wait till Leopard is ready to release the new line with the new chips in them.

read that wrong, i thought u just said core duo

Yeah but Apple will probably wait till Leopard is ready to release the new line with the new chips in them.

rumor mill says pre christmas release