Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TBLfan

HockeyGiant

I'd like to add that after recieving my credit card bill; hockeygiant never credited my account for the cost of the skates. So now I have to deal with their CS again. :(

when did your bill cycle finish? better to keep track of that online...it can take your cc company 5-7 days to put that back on your account after it rings through, they hold on to it for the interest..thousands of items like that per day..... although I wouldn't be shocked if it didn't post ...

Ok here's the story: I ordered(friday afternoon 5pm EST) a pair of Mission L5 skates from hockeygiant for a closeout price of $29.99. Order goes through, I pay with my credit card and later recieve an email of my order. I look back at hockeygiant's website(a few mintues later) and see the price has gone up to $79.99. It remained that way for the entire weekend. I get a call on Monday at 1:12pm EST saying that they were out of stock and they really didn't offer any good deals for me or any solution to resolve my obvious unhappiness at this. I sent an email later that day and have yet to hear a response. I obviously have no idea and nothing but speculation that they would rather sell a pair of skates for $80 than $30 but regardless they should try to make ammends with me, as an unhappy customer.

I was in contact with another member who "purchased" the skates for $80. He has kept informed as to the going-ons at his end and hopefully he will chime in with his comments.

I decided to not wait another day and go ahead and call to see what they could do for me. After 20 mins and being put on hold for probably 6 times I explained for the third time that "I was just going to use those skates as a backup" and that I really don't need new skates(it was just a deal I couldn't pass up on). After all is said and done I'm getting a pair of one90 gloves for just under $100. I'm not incredibly happy but I did get $30 off the cheapest price I could find on gloves I was planning on buying.

Overall, I feel that their customer service could have been better. Regardless whether they soldout at $30 or $80 it's never to be known by me. There it is, take it as you want. There's my story, would I order from them again? Maybe... but just another reason to go to your LHS than to order online.

L5 for 29.99$ wow.

ok a little side question here......if you saw a Bauer 5500 with a Bauer 1500 sticker on the 5500 box would you expect to get the 5500 in the box for $39.00? Or would you realize someone dint sticker the right product and expect to get a 5500 knowing full well thats not even close to the price and as most know way below cost?

apples and oranges.

Personally, in my opinion if the sticker says bauer 1500 then no, but if it's a mislabeled 5500 then yes... but I wouldn't hold my LHS or any small store to it. I would do my best to get a deal from a larger company that makes big profits. But I'd leave the little guy alone. I might ask the LHS for a discount but I'm not going to bust their balls, they get enough ball busting as it is.

I use the excuse of being a poor college student, when I can get a break I'll take it. A few bucks here and there adds up for someone that goes to school full-time and works part-time with no scholarships.

apples and oranges.

Personally, in my opinion if the sticker says bauer 1500 then no, but if it's a mislabeled 5500 then yes... but I wouldn't hold my LHS or any small store to it. I would do my best to get a deal from a larger company that makes big profits. But I'd leave the little guy alone. I might ask the LHS for a discount but I'm not going to bust their balls, they get enough ball busting as it is.

I use the excuse of being a poor college student, when I can get a break I'll take it. A few bucks here and there adds up for someone that goes to school full-time and works part-time with no scholarships.

Ok...hold on the helmet for the LHS pays roughly the same we do very little diffrence so you would stiff me for a couple bucks?

But like you said if I had it mispriced but the right label then I agree nothing i can do gice you the product for the price labelled, but if there is a diffrent product in the box how or why should I have to honour that?

Hummm this has happened twice to me in the last 2 weeks. Not our stores fault it was from the wharehouse like that...

I simply removed the sticker and asked if they wanted to buy it still and they said no...funny thing was they needed a black helmet not a blue one....

but they wanted the black one for the other price.....

what they were going to do is buy it then exchange it for the black one....

If they were honest about it and the helmets werent already on sale that week I would have offered them a discount but they wanted a 5500 for 39.99 minus 15%.

Isnt that stretching it a little far? Even for a big company?

I agree. Don't get me i know that in that case that it wouldn't be your fault but as a large store I wouldn't feel bad about taking a bit from your profits... Like I told the manager at hockeymonkey today when I was trying to get them to honor their price on the flyweights; I fully understand and wouldn't ask to have the product for below cost.

I wouldn't go up to you and say oh look it's a 5500 for $20 awesome, I probably would have asked you if the price was right and if not "could you make me a deal?" I'm not the kind of guy that is going to look to make you lose $20 on a deal(as in below cost) but if I can get something for cost or close to cost and save myself some money, I will. Again for a smaller store I'd see what they'd be willing to do but I wouldn't bust their balls as much.

ok a little side question here......if you saw a Bauer 5500 with a Bauer 1500 sticker on the 5500 box would you expect to get the 5500 in the box for $39.00? Or would you realize someone dint sticker the right product and expect to get a 5500 knowing full well thats not even close to the price and as most know way below cost?

There was a situation similar to this six or seven years ago at a rink in Portland. A peewee or somebody younger than myself told me that the previous weekend he had purchased an adult Z-Bubble and blade combo for $19.99 at this rink in Portland. My team was travelling up there the next weekend, so we all expected to get this same great deal. Sure enough there were a half a dozen Z-Bubbles and blades marked at $19.99. As my mom was buying one for me she asked the sales lady (who happened to be the wife of the manager) if she knew what a good deal this was. The lady said of course she did and that they had been selling a lot of them. The lady even called the manager and double checked the price. He said to sell them for what they were marked. On our drive home my mom gets a call from the manager saying that we need to return all six of the sticks because they were mismarked from $119.99 (which is believable) and that if we don't comply they'll sue us, etc. Of course nobody returned their sticks. If you know somebody mismarked the sticks and told the store of this, and they still sold them to you for that price, is it unethical to keep them when they want them back?

There was a situation similar to this six or seven years ago at a rink in Portland. A peewee or somebody younger than myself told me that the previous weekend he had purchased an adult Z-Bubble and blade combo for $19.99 at this rink in Portland. My team was travelling up there the next weekend, so we all expected to get this same great deal. Sure enough there were a half a dozen Z-Bubbles and blades marked at $19.99. As my mom was buying one for me she asked the sales lady (who happened to be the wife of the manager) if she knew what a good deal this was. The lady said of course she did and that they had been selling a lot of them. The lady even called the manager and double checked the price. He said to sell them for what they were marked. On our drive home my mom gets a call from the manager saying that we need to return all six of the sticks because they were mismarked from $119.99 (which is believable) and that if we don't comply they'll sue us, etc. Of course nobody returned their sticks. If you know somebody mismarked the sticks and told the store of this, and they still sold them to you for that price, is it unethical to keep them when they want them back?

anyone who thinks a z-bubble is worth 19.99 shouldn't be running a hockey store in the first place. :lol:

Well If i knew it was the wrong price as you guys did....yah its not very nice to intentionally rip someone off that is pretty low......but seeing as you asked and they "double checked" and then had the nerve to call you then i would say there fault.

If I dont catch it before it goes out my fault if I do and I offer a discount and you want to try and screw with me knowing in my case it isnt even the same product...then see.............yah.....

Now if they call head office they usually get it unless they are like...... the locals at one of our stores tried it one to many times...and well lets just say there Mug shot looks great on our wall.

If I went on how they did it others might try it but lets just say most of the tricks are well known.....

Z bubbles and TPS rubbers for 15.99 from sports authority wayyyy back in the day. A friend of mine even got an int. synergy for $24.

I never did it myself, but wanted to. I was young and had no job, therefore no money. As I've grown up and helped my father to run his business, I'm glad I never went through with it. I look at things differently now. at the same time, if a stick's price is improperly marked by a store employee, and double checked, as in Kosy's case, I don't feel any remorse for the store.

If a pricetag has been altered it is a crime.

And if it hasn't been, then that's the price the item sells for (at least in MN.. maybe different in other places). Doesn't matter if it's mislabeled, a mistake, etc. If you've got goods in your store with a price tag on 'em, you have to honor the price.

Doesn't matter if it's mislabeled, a mistake, etc. If you've got goods in your store with a price tag on 'em, you have to honor the price.

Companies are not liable for misprints.