Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lindenhood

Flyweight shafts

I think its stiffer on top and flexier on the bottom.

yep. top 2/3 of the shaft is stiffer and the bottom third is whippier. This brings the kickpoint even lower. They had the same technology in the old danglers that I loved. can't wait till these go up on HM.

similar, but they used the technology on standard shafts as well, where "low kickpoint" usually refers to tapered shafts. I guess you could say it was mission's answer to the Z bubble.

I mean similar in the sense that the intended goal was the same- to focus the flexing of the stick closer to the blade to enhance accuracy.

or maybe I don't know my ass from a hole in the wall.

it is tapered... but there are some that are standard.

Can you guys be more specific for us guys? Correct me if this thinking is wrong: Shafts like a synergy II have a low kickpoint, meaning that the flex isn't constant throughout. Now the flyweight is using the same princible but has a flex rating and is in the lower 1/3 section of the shaft. Is that right?

Can you guys be more specific for us guys? Correct me if this thinking is wrong: Shafts like a synergy II have a low kickpoint, meaning that the flex isn't constant throughout. Now the flyweight is using the same princible but has a flex rating and is in the lower 1/3 section of the shaft. Is that right?

what do you mean some are standered??? :ph34r:

thanks for the reply Mack

If I understand it all correctly, most tapered shafts have a consistent stiffness in the carbon throughout the stick, but the taper makes the overall amount of carbon less, thus less stiffness in that area, focusing the flex lower on the shaft.

Older missions (Flyweight, Dangler, etc.) have carbon of 2 different stiffnesses in one shaft. On top, the carbon was stiffer, and the bottom it was a bit whippier. It would be almost like fusing a 100 flex shaft to an 85 flex shaft, with the 85 flex shaft on the bottom. (disregarding length issues that would make the 85 stiffer) This also had an effect of focusing the flex to the lower part of the stick- or at the very least, causing the stick to flex more in the lower 1/3. The flyweight combines both technologies.

moi?

I'm not as educated on a lot of this stuff as others are, but this is how I've viewed it for years, and it seems to make sense. I'm here to learn new things, like learning that I've been wrong all this time if necessary.

No, not you. I don't know a whole lot about the shaft so I'm staying out as much as possible. Homeboy's trying to buy a shaft and we got all sorts of different technologies being shot out in erroneous fashion.

"I got Toby Wong in one ear and Madonna's big dick in the other."

I just bought a pro version that is standard. I'm not sure whether they made a standard flyweight for retail. I'm no expert on this shaft but I'm tring to learn about it.

Thanks DamnLocust, that makes a lot of sense. I understand now. :)

No, not you. I don't know a whole lot about the shaft so I'm staying out as much as possible. Homeboy's trying to buy a shaft and we got all sorts of different technologies being shot out in erroneous fashion.

Yeah, that's mainly my fault lol. Sorry.

Yeah, that's why I'm holding off on anyone who's used them to chime in. All I know is I've seen them with T-Flex/Synthesis blades so that's my limit.

I just bought a pro version that is standard.

Thanks DamnLocust, that makes a lot of sense. I understand now. :)

have you used it yet? like it?

hahaha that was funny!